Boston Mass ride maybe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cool: idea! Name a meet-up place and time in Bean Town plus a place to ditch the cars and let's go ride'n! :D

I have the Annual Plum Island/ Sandy Point ride coming up on Sunday July 23rd. Safe ride and plenty of parking and good food/ company. Get ready to saddle 'em up and join the posse!

image.jpeg

It's coming up.....saddling up the posse for a North shore coastal ride. Bring your old face and meet up with a new one.
Message me for additional info. Ray

Whos in for a ride in August or Sept through the historic city of Boston MA?
Hey stick it.....not downtown Boston but just as historic...Minuteman National park in Concord, MA. I rode it a few years ago and took the Minuteman trail to Boston and back. It's a long trail if you want to ride all the way but can make the loop any size you wish. We can stay in Concord area too and ride to Walden Pond and read poetry? Just a suggestion!

I'm thinking parking in Cambridge somewhere that can fit several vehicles and ride into Boston. How's late August or Early Sept? That's the best time frame right now I can put together. Is this enough "time" for people to plan and make sure they can make it?

I got Aug 26 Saturday open,fits my schedule. Don't like to drive the area but biking will probably be nicer. Stevil

I was in Boston this past weekend. This ride will not be for the weary but knowing this crowd, we all like a little excitement. The 26th may be a good date Stevil. How is the Aug 26th OR Sept the 2nd sound? Either of those two dates?

I might be able to do the 26th or the 2nd! Riding in a city is always exciting - situational awareness is critical, but not an overwhelming concern; you just have to pay attention.

ok everyone, were approaching Sept. Looks like Labor day weekend is NOT gonna be good. Looks like Sept the 9th, Saturday would be the ideal date. Whos in for this date?

I'm setting up the camper that weekend,stickit. What else you got...Stevil

The 16th works, let's keep it at that and see who can make it.

Last edited:
How about if we use Christian A. Herter Park on the intersection of Soldiers Field Road and Everett Street (the park is on the Charles River) as the Meet-Up Place; there is free parking there and we can then go to Fenway Park’s Yawkey Way Ext for lunch and to any other parts of Boston from there.

Meet-Up Time: should be no later than 10A before the lot gets full???

How do you guys feel about this?

Considering the present circumstances in Boston, it’s a good thing this ride wasn’t held today. :confused:

Brian,you gonna ride a " regular " bike in
the city ? 20" muscle bike work well.
Don't forget your lights riders!...Stevil

I was planning on riding the stretch. Its proven to cut through crowds and riots. As far as our meet up location, I was hoping to park further out of Boston and ride in as Sat traffic can really blow. Maybe Cambridge area. Anyone know of an area over there?

Latest posts

Back