Bourbon & Blue - FINISHED -

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back!!! Had a GREAT time away with my adorable wifey :) We are both 100% recharged and took a few slow days to get back in the swing of things. I'm now running at full speed ahead. So..... Made a little progress on B&B today and have a surprise. The headlight is tinted and the visor is finished, stem installed and handlebars mounted! Going to replace the stainless machine screws on the stem clamp with some copper ones. The surprise is that sometimes when you least expect it, parts somehow find you :) I was fortunate enough to find a 1941 "50 Million" edition F&S Torpedo hub locally! Wheel parts are now FINALLY ready to get built! Sorry for the long-winded post, just glad to be back on Bourbon & Blue!

3633683740a6627078228b3eb680ea3a.jpg

f3dc6f9e8b7562be3d6b1641c5ad474f.jpg

ee9e3e85b00c1bc747a176f1c583edcd.jpg

8d433c542ab6ec61823533e7956dc9c9.jpg

670c31f273c02765a3d5305b16682d68.jpg

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but it's the first thing that popped in my head.

AWESOMESAUCE.

Lol - I'll take that as a compliment and say thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking bike supper clean & cool . Looks like it should be cruising for chicks on the beach boulevard. [emoji41]

That hub would go nicely with your bike too .

Actually, that hub would go nicely with any bike!!! But this one is so tasteful, that brake arm will look right at home!

...Your'e right though, he should send it to me. LOL;):bigsmile:

Yet a other stunning build i follow but stopped reciecing alerts :(

your bike is so sweet ! :heart: I like all the details put in , yet it all look clean:thumbsup:
That light is just awesome!!!:41:

Great looking bike supper clean & cool . Looks like it should be cruising for chicks on the beach boulevard. [emoji41]

Thanks! She'll get lots of cruising to the bars and restaurants on Main Street for sure.

Yet a other stunning build i follow but stopped reciecing alerts :(

your bike is so sweet ! :heart: I like all the details put in , yet it all look clean:thumbsup:
That light is just awesome!!!:41:

Thanks so much for taking the time to follow and comment. I'm really happy so far how things are shaping up!

Actually, that hub would go nicely with any bike!!! But this one is so tasteful, that brake arm will look right at home!

...Your'e right though, he should send it to me. LOL;):bigsmile:

Thanks! I have really been trying to keep it fresh and clean. As far as sending the hub.... Hmmmmm.... Gonna have to pass on that and get it laced up for B&B... lol I'll keep my eyes out for another tho [emoji1360]

Great tint on the head lamp! Classy addition of the hub too. Not surprisingly, this is all working together really well..... Rat on!

Great tint on the head lamp! Classy addition of the hub too. Not surprisingly, this is all working together really well..... Rat on!
Thanks!!

And a little more :) got the final polishing on the tail light done and got the seat mocked up - thinking about a copper sleeve on the seat post. I also mounted the bell. After switching to a more traditional stem, I wanted to get the stack height as low as possible so I mounted the bell to the plate behind the head tube.

9866d43aa931ddbddc02c72146f71315.jpg

4165f9590722213daf14e0b8c120d016.jpg

bcea8612aab6a2a3e76f8a4a936c20cc.jpg

126794fe482b48d9e1e0a1a9c0585276.jpg

fc7fda888ee1d89ade1dfb4387033256.jpg

That mic polished up really nice! Maybe you should consider polishing the 'tank' insert also. To me it looks unfinished with all of the other shine on the bike.
Exactly my thought as well! Time to sand and sand and polish and polish[emoji1360]

Latest posts

Back