Brass Knuckles

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1st build off. Starting with conversion maybe a bit too much but if I can put back straight will be a nice ride. Had the frame idea for a while now I don't have an excuse not to finish
20160122_205611.jpg
20170101_095028.jpg
20170101_095125.jpg

You've 'converted' me! Welcome to the fun that is an RRB build off!

Brass Knuckles....I like it. Gonna be a real knockout.
Maybe some custom grips that double as, well, you know...

How about using the original forks w/some home made truss rods that mimic the flow of the frame? Or the c triple tree, that frame would look pretty cool with chopper forks and giant apes, or clubman bars.

I am always googling the terminology trying to get up to speed LOL , trying to picture truss rods thank you for the suggestions !
I do plan on using banana seat laid back seat post mid size ape hangers.

I am always googling the terminology trying to get up to speed LOL , trying to picture truss rods thank you for the suggestions !
I do plan on using banana seat laid back seat post mid size ape hangers.
With that seat/bar set up I think the chopper forks would look pretty cool. Great job with the frame, by the way, can't wait to see it once the welds are cleaned and filled.

yes I agree, chopper fork is the C triple tree right? Like the one on the donor bike I have. I am out of practice on the welding, I picked up an inexpensive Harbor Freight 220volt fire weed unit last year still getting use to it way different than the stick welding I grew up doing Plan on filling any suggestions or tips and what material to use...bondo?
Thank you in advance

The thing with Bondo is it's best applied thin. It can be used for smoothing out your weld bead, but if to thick it can crack.
JB weld can also work.

And yes, the triple tree fork is on the chopper.

J.B weld, in my experience works better than Bondo, you can put it on thick and it's easier to shape/more forgiving w/a file. I prefer lead fill, but most solder now days is lead free and forget about fishing weights, all lead free. Silver solder works the same but is a lot more expensive. If you try solder, use Stay Clean liquid flux, I worked as a tattooist for years, and made my own needles, I would swear by Stay Clean.

Latest posts

Back