build off 14 first try, calling it warbonnett

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the shortened back end. It has a more evened out stance now, and those tires gained 5 lbs of beef by doing it too!
Mo fatta, mo betta!

Thanks everyone, I have a solo seat on it`s way, then I can see how a tank will fit. I had to redo the back of the bike for the wide fenders I want to put on it. I also want to add a springer fork addition to my triple tree forks.

Got a solo seat for the bike, I will have to come up with some bracing for it.
PICT1306.JPG

looks nice ! be carfull with tension springs like those , if they snap they launch , maybe secure the top of the spring to the rod with a tie wrap just in case

Cool fork! I'll be curious to see what your first 'post ride ' post will say about the way it 'springs'.
:nerd:

I think the fork will work alright but it might be a good idea for me to wire the top of the spring to the rod just in case there is a problem like one horsepower said. Soon as I can ride it I will find out.

I built a back fender out of cardboard, bondo and fiberglass, something that I could make a mold off of, I broke it getting the mold off it but you can get an idea of what it looks like. After setting it
PICT1338.JPG
PICT1339.JPG
PICT1339.JPG
PICT1340.JPG
PICT1342.JPG
PICT1343.JPG
PICT1344.JPG
on the bike I can see that the fiberglass version will need some cutting and trimming to get it to fit better.

Thank you toro1978, I see it is a thermoplastic, I will have to look at a few you tube videos to see what you can do with it.

Here is what the back fender looks like when setting on the bike, when I get a fiberglass version I will have to trim it to fit better. I will also have to do some more work on the seat brace, since the photo`s I have bent the seat brace up to better match the curve of the fender and the other brace under the seat. More work to do.
PICT1350.JPG
PICT1351.JPG
PICT1353.JPG
View attachment 97146

I just stuck the horn on there, I`m not sure if I will use it on this one, maybe I need to make a rattier one to match the horn.

Looks cool. That's a sizable fender. Were you happy with the whole process?

This is fun since there is a lot of time to do the build, I still need a front fender, tank, oil/toolbox and a headlight. Oh a chainguard also, which I will make. There is still plenty to do but it`s fun since there is no rush.

Latest posts

Back