Build Off 15 Prize Pool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thought I'd get the ball rolling on this. I'm in for the 2nd Place prize for Class 1, the position I got last year. Also, a special something to a build of my choosing, a battery powered Schwinn wall clock*.
10798314_0.jpg

*functionality of clock undetermined

Very cool.
I'll follow suit and do something for the 3rd Place Class 1 prize, since that is where I placed last year.
I'll also offer up a prize to 5th Place Class 1 like I do every year since that is where I placed in my first full build off in BO7 with Flexy.

I have a “Trophy” that I built a couple of years ago for an event that didn’t happen. It’s rather bulky but might be shippable if taken apart and sent as a DIY assembly. I’ll have to to take a look at it. Maybe I can come up with a category.

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm part way through a prize for winner class 2. I've had to come up with something I can post (possibly international) for reasonable cost. So it's not that exciting, but it is unique!
I'll probably finish it this week, then I'll post a picture up.
I still have not finished yours for last year!

As the 2nd Place winner in Class 2 for BO #14 last year, I will be providing a prize for this year's 2nd Place Class 2 finisher. Hopefully it will be FuN-ctional and RaT-isfying !

Being a connoisseur of crustiness, a person of petrified patina, and a raving rust-ationalist I will be giving out the
OddJob Award for the "Most RaT-isfying Rust-ified RaT Rods"!

These bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird RaT-ionalizations.

As in RRB BO #14, I will be giving out " OJ's " for the RaTty RaTs (rusty and crusty) and
for the NaTty RaTs (shiny and glittery). So, mean or clean, you've got a chance!

RaT oN~!

HELLO WRATTERS!! THIS YEAR I'M IN ON THE PRIZE POOL. WHO EVER COMES IN 14TH( LIKE I DID LAST YEAR) GETS THEIR CHOICE OF A CAR (MY CHOOSING) OR FIGURE. NOW....GTB!! PEACE

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

View attachment 126521

Sounds like a good deal!

I like the camaraderie here, and the tradition of paying it forward is pretty cool, even if you come in 43rd place!

OK, here we have my prize donation for the first place in class 2.

Its a wall clock!
Top is the hour hand, below the minutes hand.
Brass rings held in place with copper solid rivets.
Aluminium outer frame
Clock face made from rusty steel plate. That's genuine english rust by the way! I had it at the bottom of my garden for 6 months!

OK, it's not bicycle related, but it does have a ratlook face! And most importantly, I can post it abroad (if needed...!)
DSC_2179.JPG
DSC_2181.JPG
DSC_2182.JPG

Hang on I just burned myself on this trophy. Suggestions for a category? Too be fair I usually bring a club trophy to events and there haven't been any so feel like I really need to give away at least one this year. (examples from the cricket cage) Is there any real reason 1st place shouldn't take all the loot? I also have a most votes overall either category can take that one, hang on lemme finish these
27787989_175152146593693_806510467080669274_o.jpg

I have a “Trophy” that I built a couple of years ago for an event that didn’t happen. It’s rather bulky but might be shippable if taken apart and sent as a DIY assembly. I’ll have to to take a look at it. Maybe I can come up with a category.

Sent using Tapatalk

OK, change in my plan, the trophy mentioned above is too bulky to ship economically. So I’ll provide a custom license plate similar to the one for 14th place last year.
c19d9a8895eaec869a7e0c29ed4e184b.jpg

This year it will be “RRBBO#15” with the winners username and year of your bike plus 2020.
This will be awarded to 15th place Class 1 bike. In case of ties I’ll decide the tie breaker based on the views, reply’s and complexity of the build threads.

The OddJob Award has been given out to 26 different builders over the course of the past five RRB summer Build-Offs. For your perusal, here is the list of OddJob Award winners:

Idiotboy
Vin-new
g-ratter
macncheese
Waldo Jeffers

Scribble
Georgediii
G-Matt
Missing Link
Falstaff
Metalchewey
Mrs Link
Hunter Cummins

American Vintage Bicycle Supply
Kirkpatrick
Kingfish254
MazdaFlyer
The Renaissance Man

Dizzle Problems
G-Matt
Idiotboy
Rat Track
Reallybigtim

Chad T
KJV
Machine Age Victim
Uncle Shish
N.Kildare1718

Will your name be on the list for BO #15 - 2020? The field is chocked full of great builds this year! I can't wait to see who will be named to the winners circle!

Latest posts

Back