BUILD OFF #5 IS COMING

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ed_Straker's_Rat said:
I seriously want in but I'm having a hard time finding an affordable frame in Toronto :(

Got everything else, wheels, pedals, seat and a plan :)

i was in t.o. on the weekend. saw lots of guys selling bikes on the front lawn. not sure why they even bothered. i saw a lot of $99 walmart and crappy tire bikes that had been left in the rain for 5 years, outfitted with new tires and being sold to the tune of $150-$200.

i guess rust is expensive now a days. :)

i go with more the once i do it i post it. i figure if ya got it show it

karfer67 said:
i go with more the once i do it i post it. i figure if ya got it show it
"Participants should use their thread as a journal including write ups and photos." quote from the rules

I really appreciate this kind of post. it is fun to watch as the ideas and bike come together
some guys are really good at this and I count a good thread as a factor when voting

bighit said:
whats your build off post style? now that this is the big one for the year how are you going to format your build thread. are you going to be a post-a-holic or a last minute bomb dropper. myself being the former.
Not criticizing....But that may be the reason only 50 people voted in the folding bike build off!

I don't mean to offend. It's just that a lot of people check "posts" daily, and LOVE to see progress. I was one of the 50 that voted! After a while I stopped checking for "progress pics", and just waited til the end. On official build offs people like to feel like part of your build.........bighit, ya got skills, and a sense of humor........Don't hold back. I wasn't a fan of steam punk, I am now!

awww group hug and bighit he is right there got to a point where all of the guys were hiding what they were up to. the flip side of this and i think i talked to you at some point about it was if you come up with a great idea and use it on you bike but dont post it then someone else uses it well it sorta looks like you used their idea. it is a catch 22 and that is the fun of build offs. i say post updates as often as possible and let it roll. you all know i am going to heckle the heck out of you anyways right all along the way :mrgreen:

Well.. Im going to give the buildoff a shot this year... new to this but not to building bikes. All I have is a name and no parts... I guess thats a start. I just can't seem to find a frame I want to work with yet.

Still gathering parts, but my stem showed up yesterday, and Rev106 just finished lacing the front wheel for this ride. I'm going to lace up the rear one myself, but the front took special-ordered spokes, so I figured if he's ordering the parts, I should give him the labor charge, too. After I start on this thing on Sunday, I hope to have this thing in rideable condition by Memorial Day weekend, then I'll blow it apart to paint and finish it.

Stocked up on wire wheels and paint stripper...

i still have a week before i can start on mine.

Latest posts

Back