BUILD OFF #7 DISCUSSION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peatbog said:
I was pretty surprised that first bike in that last group you pictured didn't get more votes last year. I expected it to rank right up there in the top three.

Yeah, that is a really nice bike. Lots of nice little touches on that one.

That was a really cool build and I like his tank graphics. 8)

30 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

20 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

f02b.jpg

IMG_4067IV.jpg

P7170204.jpg

IMG5524-XL.jpg

finished50.jpg

Pssst. Is the Ninja Tactic working( in a whispering voice)?!? :p

Buildheart, the Celtic Ninja says

Get Ta Buildin'!!
ptg01413785.jpg

30 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

IBJ2B!!!!!!

Peatbog said:
I was pretty surprised that first bike in that last group you pictured didn't get more votes last year. I expected it to rank right up there in the top three.

I agree, Go Away was one of my favorite builds, the paint scheme surprised and impressed me. The aged pinstriping was awesome and such a transformation from the original. Also he had a nice build thread.

Here is a cool Spaceliner build from RRBBO4
There were a ton of Spaceliners last year, but only a couple of us this year I think.

strlnr064.jpg

pick said:
kingfish254 said:
And that photo doesn't even come close to showing all of the wicked details of that build.

I know kingfish, I remember the rest of the pics! It looks just uncomfortable, wicked & mean enough to spark my taste. It's got the gears turning in my head for the nxt build, but I better finish my build off entry for this year first! Poco Rata is only my 2nd attempt at a RRBO build. If I have as much fun as last year, I'm happy!
IMG_0516.jpg

Thanks fellas! I hope i can bring some unfamiliar and disturbing shapes to this years build too. .....YaKuZa..... "ImAgeArChY"

21 - Here are five more of the RRBBO6 finished builds we saw last year. Just some random shots for inspiration

DSC04727.jpg

DSCN3509.jpg

P7310085.jpg

60675449.jpg

gazelle_30_i.jpg

Yeah, I wish Kota was in it this year as well. There are multiple big dogs that are sitting this one out, including last years winner Petrohead.

Here is his sweet ride!!!!!

1935_Monark_5_Bar_46-46.jpg

That's all of last years bikes that finished. I think there is a crop of builds out there this year that are just as good.

28 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

My math was fuzzy the other day!

kingfish254 said:
Well last year about 200 bikes entered and about 100 finished.

Right now we have almost 1.5 pages of Builds that are unresponsive.

Come on slackers!!!!!! Show us what you've been up to! :D :p
I'm betting 97 bikes will finish so you slackers and lazy wratters have to prove me wrong. All I really have to do is slap on the chain and tighten the seat to be done(but ya know I'm not leaving it at that)!! And all the bunnies in the forest won't help ya beat Joan!! That's right get mad!! But ya best...Get Ta Buildin'!! IBJB!! Peace

Jake Sensi said:
kingfish254 said:
Well last year about 200 bikes entered and about 100 finished.

Right now we have almost 1.5 pages of Builds that are unresponsive.

Come on slackers!!!!!! Show us what you've been up to! :D :p
I'm betting 97 bikes will finish so you slackers and lazy wratters have to prove me wrong. All I really have to do is slap on the chain and tighten the seat to be done(but ya know I'm not leaving it at that)!! And all the bunnies in the forest won't help ya beat Joan!! That's right get mad!! But ya best...Get Ta Buildin'!! IBJB!! Peace

Hey Jake….You're generous....I am guessing we won’t even hit 85 complete bikes by the deadline. I hope I get proven wrong….

Being a first timer, I wonder how many rookie RRBO’ers we have this year?

I'm thinking of starting a RRBBO7 prize thread, does anyone think that's a good idea? I haven't seen an official trophy being built this year and I didn't see a finished one last year. I'm thinking I could offer up something to send to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place... Anyone else?

Here's an idea of the Prize Pot that was accumulated in RRBBO5.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26591

yoothgeye said:
I'm thinking of starting a RRBBO7 prize thread, does anyone think that's a good idea? I haven't seen an official trophy being built this year and I didn't see a finished one last year. I'm thinking I could offer up something to send to 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place... Anyone else?

Here's an idea of the Prize Pot that was accumulated in RRBBO5.

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26591

I remember seeing that thread. Count me in. I'll be glad to find something to throw in the pot. Last year I did four fake RRB Build Off Beer bottle trophies (one was for me).

I can save on postage too when I send my SWAG to myself. :shock: :p

1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies would be cool. Maybe something made out of bike parts? Kind of a rat feel to the trophy.

Also, prizes for the remainder of the top 10 would be good. I could come up with something as a prize.

The beer bottles were awesome

Latest posts

Back