BUILD OFF 8 PRIZE POT

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: BUILD OFF 8 PRIZES - 2ND PLACE ADDED

Maybe someone State-side could make an offer to 'buy' them at some price from the winner and PayPal them the agreed price. Then ship them to the 'buyer'.
Rat Rod said:
Not sure about shipping wheel sets out of the U.S. :(

We have tried to get quotes before for folks who wanted to buy a set and the cost of shipping was insane.

Basically more than what the wheels cost. :shock:

Last year we had a few prizes from the Prize Pot that went overseas. The prize donators didn't want the added cost of the overseas shipping, so some of us split the shipping costs. I would guess we would have people willing to do the same this year, especially for the main prize. 10-20 people sharing the load of the shipping should be doable.

Just for pricing reference, I looked at getting a set of these wheels when they first became available, the shipping cost was $100 to Australia, still seriously thought about it though, as anything custom or out of the ordinary is super rare and expensive over here...
The beast wheels and tubes I just bought off a member on here, through my Brother's Florida shipping agent came to $100.30...

I imagine Australia is probably up there with the most expensive places to send from The U.S.A. so $120-$130 is probably around the top price for shipping to any member on here. (basically the same price as what the wheels cost.)

kingfish254 said:
Last year we had a few prizes from the Prize Pot that went overseas. The prize donators didn't want the added cost of the overseas shipping, so some of us split the shipping costs. I would guess we would have people willing to do the same this year, especially for the main prize. 10-20 people sharing the load of the shipping should be doable.
Sounds like a good plan if the winner is not in a position to pay shipping themselves...
The Renaissance Man said:
Maybe someone State-side could make an offer to 'buy' them at some price from the winner and PayPal them the agreed price. Then ship them to the 'buyer'.
Another good plan, I imagine a set of these wheels in the for sale section would not last long...

Luke.

Re: BUILD OFF 8 PRIZES

Rat Rod said:
Second place winners in each category will receive a copy of the awesome book "Cruisers". :D

cruisers.jpg
Sweet, between the rims the books and what ever everyone else puts in the prize pot should be insane this year. Id love to win a prize this year but I think my prize will be if I can make my build look like it does in my head.

If my bike gets more than 5 votes I will call it a success. If I win a prize I will be stoked.

So what happens if we finish our build off bike in the first week and sit around and drink beer the rest of the time. My build has been built a million times in my head so it should go together without any problems.... I hope. :?

hmmmm....that mite be the way i'm building my bike this year :lol:

outskirtscustoms said:
we finish our build off bike in the first week and sit around and drink beer the rest of the time.

You need to adjust your mixture. :mrgreen:

deorman said:
outskirtscustoms said:
we finish our build off bike in the first week and sit around and drink beer the rest of the time.

You need to adjust your mixture. :mrgreen:

+1

I am going to pony up a set of custom leather grips for each build category as a prize. the winner can send me their own design or give me their idea and I can sketch up some options for them.

Here is what I did for my build.

null_zps36f98122.jpg

null_zpsfc1e75a6.jpg

null_zpsf17f53c6.jpg

null_zps4d2717d4.jpg

null_zps19971a8c.jpg

Oh man, that's awesome! I already know what I want on my grips...

Super cool prize.
Shouldn't we move this thread to the BO8 Discussion Sub Forum?

kingfish254 said:
Super cool prize.
Shouldn't we move this thread to the BO8 Discussion Sub Forum?

That's where it is... how did you get here? :roll: :wink:

I will add this to the RRBBO8 Prize Pot and award it to the top vote getter that uses a nanner seat.

GOLDEN NANNER AWARD

Since I came in 5th last year, I will throw in one of these new Electra saddles into the Prize Pot for the winners of 5th place in each BO Class.

IMG_1588.jpg

Latest posts

Back