Camera's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What camera's or gadgets are you using for best results for bike pics .
I think the next tool I'm going to invest in is some type of bridge camera , my cell phone just ain't cutting it anymore . Just wondering if any one is benefiting from tripods , light stands or other photography gadgets ? I'm considering the kodak pixpro az421 as a beginner camera ?

I have a Nikon Coolpix 8800 that has been in use for many years now. It does alright for just about anything. Buy Nice, or Buy Twice.

Tripod, Ultrapod II

Don't feel the need for anything beyond that.

3520968765_48f4239808_o.jpg

All of my pics are done with just my Samsung cell phone camera.

I use my Motorola Z3 and a light ring for 75% of pictures. Sometimes a small Joby tripod. Then it's just filters and adjusting levels

Bigger stuff I have a Canon Rebel, full size tripod, light ring, and diffuser if needed. Plus my wife has an arsenal of pro level equipment if needed, but I don't get that fancy

All of my pics are done with just my Samsung cell phone camera.
My LG V10 is getting old , but I still like it's other duty"s as phone .

Bigger stuff I have a Canon Rebel

The Canon's have always been nice ,but they have that fancy price tag .
Some refer to the Kodak Pixpro AZ421 has a hidden gem ?

I use my Canon EOS-M that i have bought back in 2014 i believe. You can get one pretty cheap nowadays, since Canon have made many more cameras in this line since then, and this one is like the first one in the generation.
What's cool about it:
It has same matrix as some of Canon's professional mirror cameras, so more light is being captured on it comparing to simpler cameras, resulting in a better shot quality.
It is mirror-less, the first of its kind for Canon, so the body is quite small, much smaller then the professional mirror-cameras, though the quality of the shots is as great.
You can change the lenses just like on a good professional camera.
The standard kit lens is great quality! Since they don't really produce many different ones compatible with this line of cameras, all of the ones they make are just flawless. So you don't have to know a lot about cameras and lenses, you may be happy just taking pictures with the one you have with it.
Here are some of the shots i made with it, and you may find many more in my profile :)
It is especially good in low light comparing to phone or some simpler cameras, because of somewhat-big matrix.
_MG_6165.jpg

tu36yDHK6LnDkkvMdpOcVts-Ev5yMg6WVlmA_Nwt7WuyuNjWEvNFdIe_m_ySXUbn4QqX_QKlNBduFWqIdD0GPPLL_D7Vujl88Z6R8QUfAOP-Zx67g4EVCVsWrG3r4Jk1x_gpSRtBkcArLnhy24798ZZmm9iRQyhAmhMtgosyI8Fs0arPoicJZbhAzsb_OAIIAieodIVzyLjIi6fEuGopMXpD9c76CbxLgs_5XPgTL9bLTJmJiQM_lwhH5LYq6ClNLLIo7YCUSdl_E5M8xyEipCa7QP7o27fHCwkjcfqnsPZYN8w6V0IUmMg7oi5_Nsqmw4o0A01CXNzSmpKEUITUXvNS-N5TGfSueAqIrGZy_vHGlncCEfDTo5iGdul9QtP1-LB0M__eW2X1KjX6UKQIMYFN_M5uQ-sXyiyU8og1MVv468W_xleO-pSdrnc3cWVXB1LNLo2jJ6ktjdq2icWF98JyaFy7vFvi9pY_uP7-CI1IhgYg7OQOMnYNo6GGGDrA90XUoZfE6c3OSwjoqK2qd4dOZch-68L2_G2NMP8JQbatjgnm5MYVfVEcpWLV-lkeAhnJmz7LjmpQUA5vo4bl9MrcpFtTss7yOle-p-QhwBsfQ6tPcupUrNh4ydt6NDzs-VnggjvuSqM3rytLcRxUIUu_Xou0oH3mNUVhrvfi4E3kJPmxrn4JLOZ6HpxJ=w3760-h2506-no

_MG_6946.jpg

Also a couple of non-bicycle shots :)

_MG_4874.jpg

Shot-0861.jpg

IMG_4398.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back