Campground Cruiser **FINISHED**

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Major score! How's she run? BTW, I added you to an invite for a AZ Coaster Club ride on June 11....should pop up in your Alerts...

Major score! How's she run? BTW, I added you to an invite for a AZ Coaster Club ride on June 11....should pop up in your Alerts...
I was concerned about spreading the frame and jamming the wheel into place but once in and with chain in place she rides and shifts great. I am real happy with the results. I get to run the tires I want and I have a few gears for this not so flat desert. The springer, the 3 speed and the tires should be the answer to my campground cruising needs.
I did get your invite, thanks I will definitely try and make it.

Yes, switching rims for sure. I already bought some tires I really want to run.
0827fec9f0484e1ceffa4d57d04e8dd3.jpg
Got to have some thorn protection in Arizona.
93fbe673d1c1291f1b9206de584f54e8.jpg

The bike is looking great. Always good to see a build off bike being used.

The Nexus is a free wheel. I am hunting for a rear brake. No brakes and alcohol [emoji16]
:eek: that sounds dangerous .. hope you get some installed before next ride

i was doubtful about the paint at first , but with that tank , the 2 tones really works well ,it blends every thing in and look very nice !

:eek: that sounds dangerous .. hope you get some installed before next ride

i was doubtful about the paint at first , but with that tank , the 2 tones really works well ,it blends every thing in and look very nice !
Thanks man! Yes, I agree without the tank to tie it altogether it definitely wouldn't have looked right. I am happy with the results.

The bike is looking good! Your rear rack must have been from a 27" wheeler. Could you fab an extension mount where it meets the seat stays to push it back and level it? Also will provide more clearance from the seat for your " sixer" ......... ;)

The bike is looking good! Your rear rack must have been from a 27" wheeler. Could you fab an extension mount where it meets the seat stays to push it back and level it? Also will provide more clearance from the seat for your " sixer" ......... ;)
Thanks
The rack is only temporary. I have a few ideas on fabricating something that suits my needs better.

Thanks
The rack is only temporary. I have a few ideas on fabricating something that suits my needs better.
I'm always a big fan of wood when it comes to add-ons for bikes! :rolleyes:

Yes, switching rims for sure. I already bought some tires I really want to run.
0827fec9f0484e1ceffa4d57d04e8dd3.jpg
Those are kinda cool tires I have a couple sets of them kicking around my self

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great looking bike nothing like a good looking fun & unique camp bike . It will be a great way to start a conversation at the camp ground people will be checking ya out for sure. Nice touch with the shot gun shells [emoji106] hope you get to take the bike o ya & your wife camping soon !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back