Careful of the 'OUTLAW!' (RIDING AT LAST!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and a seat!

Mocked up rideable:

View attachment 47579

I like it!

I don't like it, I LOVE IT. :inlove:

I really do think it looks better the way you have it now compared to the front spring and jackshaft version. It was too busy. This is much cleaner and leaner.

:praise:

I don't like it, I LOVE IT. :inlove:

I really do think it looks better the way you have it now compared to the front spring and jackshaft version. It was too busy. This is much cleaner and leaner.

:praise:
Agreed!

Family wedding tomorrow, then spending time with other family for a couple of days, then I will back on the build!

The more I study the details, the more I love it!
Front wheel built on a motorcycle wheel I assume?
What's the diameter??

I could see taking a trip to Australia, just to take a spin on this bad boy...;)
Where did you get those skyhooks for the seat and bars??? :)
Thanks!
The more I study the details, the more I love it!
Front wheel built on a motorcycle wheel I assume?
What's the diameter??
Correct, that is a 21" wheel and tire off a Harley Davidson.

Health has knocked me around a bit, had the Flu, which compounded my other health issues...

Did this video a few days ago, only now getting around to putting it in the thread:

Was pretty sure that would be the end for the moment, but did some more night time work today: (well, yesterday now!)

New fatter and stiffer tube welded in and some added flat braces to transfer loading further around the curves:

2017-03-28 00.01.35.jpg

2017-03-28 00.02.01.jpg

That moved the wheel backwards slightly due to the larger diameter tube, so I had to extend the chain, but one link is too much, so until I get an adjuster mounted in place behind the crank, it will run a floating chainring:

2017-03-28 00.03.40.jpg

Still not sure if it will make the finish line... 5 days to go! :confused:

Get well mate this is just a wicked bike . You have done an awesome job I just love the style of this bike [emoji95]
Thanks G-Matt!
well done! :113:
glad your feeling better :whew::)

if you put lock tight in the pedals , you could run the drive train on the leftside no? :39:
Yes, that would work, could easily weld a chainring to the other crank too, but problem solved now anyway! :thumbsup:
How much to ship to NJ 08755 ? Gawd i'm lovin this
Way, way too much! Glad you are liking it!

:rockout:

Luke, that floating & spinning chain-wheel stuck in there as a functional chain tensioner is the coolest thing I have ever seen. LEAVE IT THERE and to heck with the usual boring kind. Spinning and floating down the road held only by tension...... :cool2:

Lurk whats the status? This is by far my fav bike in this

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk
I'm trying, looks like it will be getting a temporary seat and bars, run out of time for my double spring leather covered spoon seat!
Luke, that floating & spinning chain-wheel stuck in there as a functional chain tensioner is the coolest thing I have ever seen. LEAVE IT THERE and to heck with the usual boring kind. Spinning and floating down the road held only by tension...... :cool2:
:thumbsup: :21:

Latest posts

Back