"Chain of Fools" (complete)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "Chain of Fools" (painted?)

I like it, I think its an out of the box idea,The only way to see if it works is to build it and ride it. :wink: If it works then it works.If it doesnt then cut it up and build something else. :mrgreen:

I have been gone too long Larry. You have built a good machine behind my back you Big Bald Buddy :wink: . I'm trying to figure out how I can get my Tour Master off Cape to Ayer :roll: . Got to get there early to do the ride in the morning to show that Old Guy's Rule :!: .
Tourmaster_JuaKali_Graylock.jpg

Pete

Graylock said:
. I'm trying to figure out how I can get my Tour Master off Cape to Ayer :roll: .

Hacksaw.

I gotta use a trailer!

Re: "Chain of Fools"

Started some assembly. Shifters, derailleurs, brakes, chain and tensioner next

003-26.jpg

Lose a drive chain and you pull over to fix the problem, lose a steering chain and... :shock:

looks good.

yoothgeye said:
Lose a drive chain and you pull over to fix the problem, lose a steering chain and... :shock:

looks good.
Ye of little faith. :lol:

I like it !

kota, that is sweet. like it better this time around. great job.

Outlaw :)

That is crazy! :mrgreen: I think you're one of the greatest bike builders around :wink: Who else can come up with this :shock:

KOTA said:
Graylock said:
. I'm trying to figure out how I can get my Tour Master off Cape to Ayer :roll: .

Hacksaw.

I gotta use a trailer!
Hacksaw? :shock: Are you crazy? :roll: ........... :idea: wait, that sounds like a great idea :) ..........I have this nice grinder with a cut off wheel, I mean how hard could this be? :wink:.

Graylock has popped a c-clip

Thanks for the kind words!

The only thing left is to mount a front brake. I'll be using a piece of flat stock to drop the caliper lower. I finished assembling it last night and took it out today. I'll never build a "normal" bike again. This thing is incredibly comfortable. Steering is precise and right on the money. The most the chain moves is about two inches in either direction. AND, yes, it's a lot faster than I thought it would be. Here's a few pics of what it looks like "almost" done.

015-3.jpg

014-3.jpg

013-6.jpg

012-6.jpg

yoothgeye said:
Looks excellent, I wanna ride it! It's like a recumbent for people who wear normal pants. :mrgreen:
It's nice with baggy shorts! :shock:

ok Kota, that is really nice but now we want to see a vid of you riding it in your baggy shorts, ohhh so sweet.lol

Outlaw :p

Turned out SWEET!Great job,I like your chain tensioner 8)

Latest posts

Back