Chinese Scooter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will probably keep me busy for a while. This is a 150cc Ruckus clone. There are scooter forums out there that "appear" to be as friendly and as informative as this great site. Chinese scooters are cheap and inexpensive, but hey I like a challenge. If I get this thing "purring", then I'll have some time for RRBBO7. If I don't getting it purring, like a kitten, I'll probably get frustrated and build something I can pedal....
A REAL Honda Ruckus is about $2800, with a 50cc motor. Chinese clone, $700, with a 150cc (which one do you think I'd be willing to tear apart). I know that the Honda is much better quality, but this seems like it could be "cheap" fun.

This is how they drop ship them
002-52.jpg

003-27.jpg

008-17.jpg

Looks like fun Larry! :mrgreen: Now ya need a Harley! :lol:

Oh yeah, are we gonna see bent forks on this? :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Looks like fun Larry! :mrgreen: Now ya need a Harley! :lol:

Oh yeah, are we gonna see bent forks on this? :wink:
Bent forks!! Who knows.:?: A Harley, I don't think I could get one for that price....This is actually more MY speed. :lol:

Way cool. I love the yellow. The motor that comes on yours, is the same one the guys
with the Ruckus change theirs too. Your already one step ahead. Once you see all the
mod they do with the big back tires and the cool aluminum wide rims , you will have
to control yourself on the spending. You can really sink some money into them. :mrgreen:

I've seen most of these pics.......The problem...My wife has seen them too! :lol: :lol:

Ok boy you have had time to get it put together. We need to see your tatoo's and pictures of you in your leathers. :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Ok boy you have had time to get it put together. We need to see your tatoo's and pictures of you in your leathers. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Life keeps getting in the way! Still in the crate. I plan on doing the PDI on Sunday.....Next week, I'm taking the "Ching Wong Bing Bong" to the Harley dealership to buy some gloves.....I haven't been in a good fight in years. :lol:

You really want to get them going use the old , How do you get a one armed Harley rider out of a tree.....Wave at him :wink:

Got a chance to do a little work. Assembled the front end, brakes, rotor, handlebars and gauges...Then tore it down a bit. Changed the main fuse, old one was the glass tube kind with poor connections. Checked all the wiring, found two loose connections and one completely disconnected, a ground in one of the collector plugs. Checked every nut and bolt, a few were a bit loose. Now on to change every fluid, fuel lines and vacuum lines, spark plug...the list keeps going, about $80 worth. But it "supposed" to make a big difference in reliability. The only complaint I have is the frame was painted at one factory and the plastics, fender battery box and rear storage box were painted at another factory. The YELLOW's don't really match. So everything will be painted a satin black except the frame, will remain yellow...I'm really having a ball. It is sorta fun!

here's how it looks torn down.
002-53.jpg

I like it, but is it single speed and is the motor stamped or could you "fake it"? The reason I ask is because I like 50ccs because of the no license, no insurance loophole they have here in NC (and many other states) I have my license, but with any bike over 50cc or with more than 1 gear (YSR50... Yum!) you have to have your motorcycle endorsement.

In MA, basically the same thing. Although you have to register (moped sticker) a 50cc every two years at a cost of $40....Motorcycle about the same cost to register, but you need a motorcycle license. If you get caught going over 28MPH with the 50cc (moped sticker), you get fined $100. At 250lbs, I NEED at LEAST a 150cc......I could probably fake it, but I plan on riding 35-40 MPH........A ticket, over 28 MPH, would mean a moving violation, and my auto insurance would skyrocket.

KOTA said:
In MA, basically the same thing. Although you have to register (moped sticker) a 50cc every two years at a cost of $40....Motorcycle about the same cost to register, but you need a motorcycle license. If you get caught going over 28MPH with the 50cc (moped sticker), you get fined $100. At 250lbs, I NEED at LEAST a 150cc......I could probably fake it, but I plan on riding 35-40 MPH........A ticket, over 28 MPH, would mean a moving violation, and my auto insurance would skyrocket.

I need to look into what speed a 50cc can go here, not that it matters, every drunk that's lost their license is riding a scooter around here and many are debadged higher cc scooters, I've seen supposed 50cc scooters with 2 people (not small people :eek: ) doing about 45, police pretty much don't do anything about it unless they're drunk or driving recklessly.

When my motorized bike was still in break in (heavy on the oil in the mix) I hit 36mph, and it's a 68cc, so I'm breaking the rules on a couple counts, but at least I'm not blending in with the DUI crowd. haha Though I do love a Ruckus.

KOTA said:

Man that stinks 28MPH is barely purring on my Razz. I normally cruise at 30-35. If I'm going down a large hill it might hit 40. Although I did have a 150cc Strada last summer that would do 75-80. I really want to find another Yamaha Jog, Much faster take off than the Razz.

Latest posts

Back