Choosing the right rim.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just aquired a Sturmey Archer RX-RF5 . 5 Speed internal gear hub. Now I have built a few wheels. I am no expert on wheel building.
My question is as this is a heavy hub should I use a heavy rim. As inSingle wall VS Double wall? Steel VS aluminum?
Heavy guage spokes? Money is always a major factor and I am planning on using it on my tandem bike that I have converted to a cargo bike by removing the rear seat post and replacing it with a shopping cart basket between tbe front seat and rear seatpost utilizing tbe Stokers handlebars as stability for the basket.. THE BIKE ALSO HAS A HONDA GX35 FRICTION DRIVE INSTALLED ON IT.
Ihave numerous 26 inch single wall rims that are wide to very wide. As well as numerous 26 inch
20180723_204226.jpg
double wall rims fron medium to medium wide. But not as wide as I normally use on a cruiser. Any help would be appreciated.
This is a cargo bike and between it and my trailer they are used as such. I haul anything from water to scafolding to a 50 inch flat screen tv.
Thank you
Larry.

Latest posts

Back