Chrome Sears Spyder, King Kat Chopper and a Jim Dandy Tricycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked up these three bikes over the weekend. Got two at the swap meet and one at a flea market. Bike buying formula = 1 for my daugter and 2 for me.

1. 1966-67? Chrome Sears Spyder. I'm not totally sure about the year.
IMG_7017.JPG

2. 1978 Murray built Brentwood badged King Kat Chopper.
IMG_7019.JPG

3. 1993 Jim Dandy chrome tricycle.
IMG_7021.JPG

King Kate looks to be in mint shape. Cool Score on both muscle bikes. Trike is cool too.
The King Kat is pretty good, but the seat has a big tear and the fender is cracked. Chrome is good though and that's the main thing!!

Interesting the rear tire has a red line on it, what is that one?

Interesting the rear tire has a red line on it, what is that one?
It's a Super Elastic Slick. Unfortunately it has a huge split in the tread. The rest of the tire is good. I'm not sure if it's original or what the original would have been.

I'll second the comment, "Sweet rides."

Solid finds dude, can't go wrong with a King-Cat.

The original tire on them was a Carlisle Jet Flyte, 20 x 2.125. They pop up on eBay form time to time.

The front tire should be a Carlisle Super Ride, 20 x 1.75.

I would use a Bike Pals slick for the back. Snydebike on eBay has them listed all the time. Great replacement slick and great price from that seller.

I am restoring a Fire Cat for the bike shows this spring, just need to get some paint on the frame and assemble it!

The original tire on them was a Carlisle Jet Flyte, 20 x 2.125. They pop up on eBay form time to time.

I would use a Bike Pals slick for the back. Snydebike on eBay has them listed all the time. Great replacement slick and great price from that seller.

I am restoring a Fire Cat for the bike shows this spring, just need to get some paint on the frame and assemble it!
Thanks for the tips. I think I've purchased a bunch of stuff from you on ebay. You have two accounts with Ahhhmazing stuff all of the time!?!

That tire set is on Ebay for 174.99US!! I opted for the bike pals slick ;)

There are 2 fenders sets on Ebay now. One is for the rear black fender. High buy it now but a .99 cent opening bid no reserve.
Thanks, for the heads up. I bid on the green one. That listing is from the set that just sold on EBAY for $42. Buyer split it up and is selling parts individually. Would like the black one, but a little too pricey.

Latest posts

Back