(Class 1 MBBO#4) Cycledelic - seat fabric lol

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had this bike hanging in the rafters for a while, and while I'm pretty sure it is made by Ross, it's not really an Apollo. It was made for the Coast to Coast chain of stores and is a Duster. It's also the first time I've ever used a real a muscle bike for the MBBO, even tho this will be the third one I'm entering! Here's a pic of the bike from last year...

soon I stripped it down for virtual mockups...

and here's a pic from a few days ago, it is a roller...

Carl.

Cool looking bike Carl!
I take it that the work from a few days ago was just a mock-up and the bike will be completely stripped back down? (Just so it is clear to everyone!)

Luke.
Yes sir. ;) That's just a mockup, I'm on the fence with what forks I want to use. Those rims and seat will definitely NOT be on this bike, and the handlebars? Well... we'll see what happens.

Carl.

GROOVY!

Love the frame

Day one...
in a pose with MBBO2 bike HeadBanger
and MBBO3 bike ALiEN FiRE

I did a little today besides teardown...
I cut me a kickstand to fit.
Them wheels are just for rollin' it around...
I'm not feelin' that stock fork either...

This shot gives an idea of the shape this frame is in, you can almost make out where it says Duster, note the crusty braze job on the BB and there's little holes drilled all over the place, someone had panels screwed to it...

Carl.

Today I disassembled the 26" wheel I got with the three speed hub. Then I clean and polished 36 old nipples, and then I cut and threaded 72 spokes... well sort of. Ever try to assemble a wheel and 3/4 of the way thru discover you blew your magic number for the length of the spokes? Luckily I made em' too long, all I had to do was take it apart and recut and rethread them... before...

after

Still needs a bit of tweakin' but it's close...

Carl.

Carl I'm amazed at your wheel building prowess. Cutting your own spokes no less...very cool.:thumbsup:

I like to put old nipples in a jar with some polish and shake em up like a tumbler.

Carl I'm amazed at your wheel building prowess. Cutting your own spokes no less...very cool.:thumbsup:
I don't know about prowess... 4th wheel I've ever done.
(and I had to do it twice!)
Cheaper for me than to buy all new nipples and spokes...
I have a 2-56 die and I spread it open just a bit, to cut the threads a little looser. For what I'm doin' I ain't worried about the stress from cutting threads instead of pulling them. Plus the die wasn't 20 bucks...

Carl.

Latest posts

Back