CLASS 1 VOTE HERE!!!! - CLASS 1 FINISHED BIKE PHOTOS BELOW POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PICK YOUR FAVORITE BIKES

• 1. A Missing Schwinn

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 2. Acetone

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • 3. After Victory

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • 4. Airman

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • 5. All Downhill

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • 6. American Muscle

Votes: 14 8.1%
  • 7. Apache Drag Bike

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • 8. ATOMIC Strand!

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • 9. Beer Run

Votes: 10 5.8%
  • 10. Black Magic

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • 11. Blue Bomber CurbHopper

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • 12. BM-Xray

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • 13. Carcass

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • 14. Coke krate

• 15. Deluxe Frankinspace

• 16. Dumpster Diamond

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • 17. DURALIUS- 1936 Wards Hawthorne

Votes: 58 33.5%
  • 18. Emsbroek & Poesse Pathracer

Votes: 29 16.8%
  • 19. fly my zephyr

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 20. Full Monty Rides Again

Votes: 34 19.7%
  • 21. Grammaw Patina Bike

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • 22. Higgy-o

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • 23. High Plains Drifter Custom 1962 Murray Sabre Challenger

• 24. Huff-n-Puff

• 25. I Can't Afford the Gas

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • 26. ItzaRat - 1928 Schwinn Motorbike

Votes: 35 20.2%
  • 27. Joe Exotic

Votes: 9 5.2%
  • 28. Kamehameha

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • 29. Mad Ratter

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • 30. 'MeriCruiser

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 31. Mudd (my name is)

• 32. No Gas Money! (Who needs gas $$$ anyway)

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 33. No Mask Needed

• 34. Nouveau Style

• 35. Odyssey of Flight

Votes: 22 12.7%
  • 36. Once again

• 37. Pandemic Road Missile

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • 38. Poor manís Racycle

Votes: 15 8.7%
  • 39. PunkYard Dog. If TankGirl had a boys bike

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • 40. Ratcumbent

• 41. RatFink Supreme

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • 42. RATMASTER

• 43. RaTs GaSs

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • 44. Retro Ratpacker

• 45. Duplicate Entry - Please Ignore

• 46. Rusty & Krusty

Votes: 18 10.4%
  • 47. Simple Green

• 48. Skidwell GTS

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 49. Speedster 26" BMX Cruiser

• 50. SPRING FEVER

Votes: 21 12.1%
  • 51. SteamRoller - Elgin Twin Bar Churnin Urn of Burnin Funk

Votes: 86 49.7%
  • 52. STIMULUS RATICUS

• 53. Stoked!!!

• 54. Teddy Ballgame

• 55. The American Gentleman

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 56. The Bluebird of Happiness

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • 57. The Honey Rolla

• 58. The Lay-off Special

• 59. The Lean Mean Green Machine

Votes: 33 19.1%
  • 60. The Silver Maggot reborn

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • 61. The StRATo Flyer

Votes: 22 12.7%
  • 62. Tierra Cruisera- a made over Jamis Earth Cruiser

• 63. Top CatAstrophe

• 64. Tornadic Activity

• 65. (Trike-Tor)...WAHA-SEDB-3

Votes: 72 41.6%
  • 66. UK Triumph Rat renamed 'Triumph Blue Witch'

• 67. Ultra Blue

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 68. ZEN

Votes: 23 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
... I didn't realize the problem until after I had already posted it and people started voting. The two choices to resolve the issue would be ....

The work around chosen was to keep #45 on the list, but give it no entry name or builder. The fact that this happens to match with President Trump's election number is an unfortunate coincidence and was totally unintentional.
I can only chuckle at this description

FANTASTIC BIKES!!!!!!!!! what is cool for me are bikes that aren't something i would build, yet i so admire them and the great work that went into the build.

Just an FYI...

When building the polls we had entry "RPM1" listed in both Class 1 and Class 2. It took me an hour to build the Class 1 poll and I didn't realize the problem until after I had already posted it and people started voting. The two choices to resolve the issue would be to delete the poll and start over or create a work around.

The work around chosen was to keep #45 on the list, but give it no entry name or builder. The fact that this happens to match with President Trump's election number is an unfortunate coincidence and was totally unintentional.
That's some good ish right there.

It looked like someone did exactly that earlier today. :D

Yep. I see old #45 is doing well in the poll :speechless:

Just an FYI...

When building the polls we had entry "RPM1" listed in both Class 1 and Class 2. It took me an hour to build the Class 1 poll and I didn't realize the problem until after I had already posted it and people started voting. The two choices to resolve the issue would be to delete the poll and start over or create a work around.

We missed you in the BO, Funk! Hope all is well with you. RaT oN~!
Just taking some RnR,life became hectic for awhile,and I never ended up finishing builds I started,so was time to step back. With this virus all has slowed down,wanted to enter,but no way of getting parts here. So winter build off it is.

Before I say this, remember this country is founded on free speech. One bike got my vote...just one and it has three wheels. 1st impression is the most important factor for me and I flew through the final pics, stopping at just a few of them. Honestly, there seems to be a lot of praise for average bikes this year and I get that as it's great to see a big turnout and participation by many. But for me the creativity and new ideas were a bit thin. A few though looked well thought out and rideable, but the big guns were missing this time to step it up to a higher level. Too many ape hangers and accessories and bolt on parts imo. The past years' comps with far less participation seemed to have more variety of builds. Chin up though and keep building and riding ratters! Winter is fast approaching and another BO is coming up quickly!

Before I say this, remember this country is founded on free speech. One bike got my vote...just one and it has three wheels. 1st impression is the most important factor for me and I flew through the final pics, stopping at just a few of them. Honestly, there seems to be a lot of praise for average bikes this year and I get that as it's great to see a big turnout and participation by many. But for me the creativity and new ideas were a bit thin. A few though looked well thought out and rideable, but the big guns were missing this time to step it up to a higher level. Too many ape hangers and accessories and bolt on parts imo. The past years' comps with far less participation seemed to have more variety of builds. Chin up though and keep building and riding ratters! Winter is fast approaching and another BO is coming up quickly!

Wow! It's pretty lame to come into the Voting Thread with a pure opinion piece, to basically slam an entire Build Off field and to promote the one build YOU feel is worthy of being in said Build Off. That really takes a special kind of arrogance .

Last edited:

I would contend that it’s not a lack of creativity but it’s people following the model and spirit of class 1. Class 1 is supposed to be in “traditional” style. So bikes are going to be stock frames, and cobbled together using “stock” parts from various brands, styles, and period bikes. It’s like putting together a bike like a puzzle to build your vision and or style. Class 1 is the average joe, with average skills, average tools, and average budgets. You see a lot of resto’s of stock bikes which is cool but it won’t win many votes because people are looking for the wild, pushing the limit builds, which in my opinion is class 2. Most people in class 1 are building bikes from their parts lying around their garage and bolting it on. Can you do a class 1, be creative, wild paint job, etc? Of course! In the car world class 1 and class 2 is like stock vs modified. Stock cars are going to look like mustangs and camaros because that’s exactly what they are, they have stock motors that average joe can aquire. Modified starts seeing crazy body mods, blower motors and so on. The reason class 1 bikes look similar ish is because they are following preset parameters. Bolt on is rat on my opinion, that’s how we customized our bikes back in the day. Every year the class 1 bikes with a majority of the votes are ones that border on class 2 IMO. Theoretically at this point someone could make a bracket and bolt a stock bike to the back of car and call it class 1. It’s bolt on. Regardless of class there wasn’t a single bike I didn’t like this year. But I don’t think class 1 lacked creativity by any stretch. Congrats to all the builders this year!

I would contend that it’s not a lack of creativity but it’s people following the model and spirit of class 1. Class 1 is supposed to be in “traditional” style. So bikes are going to be stock frames, and cobbled together using “stock” parts from various brands, styles, and period bikes. It’s like putting together a bike like a puzzle to build your vision and or style. Class 1 is the average joe, with average skills, average tools, and average budgets. You see a lot of resto’s of stock bikes which is cool but it won’t win many votes because people are looking for the wild, pushing the limit builds, which in my opinion is class 2. Most people in class 1 are building bikes from their parts lying around their garage and bolting it on. Can you do a class 1, be creative, wild paint job, etc? Of course! In the car world class 1 and class 2 is like stock vs modified. Stock cars are going to look like mustangs and camaros because that’s exactly what they are, they have stock motors that average joe can aquire. Modified starts seeing crazy body mods, blower motors and so on. The reason class 1 bikes look similar ish is because they are following preset parameters. Bolt on is rat on my opinion, that’s how we customized our bikes back in the day. Every year the class 1 bikes with a majority of the votes are ones that border on class 2 IMO. Theoretically at this point someone could make a bracket and bolt a stock bike to the back of car and call it class 1. It’s bolt on. Regardless of class there wasn’t a single bike I didn’t like this year. But I don’t think class 1 lacked creativity by any stretch. Congrats to all the builders this year!
Well spoken sir.

Well, that's a silly opinion, isn't it? Your problem with the bikes is that they followed the rules and sprit if Class 1?

"Class 1: Traditional Builds
This class is for builds using a factory manufactured frame and forks. Very minor modifications are acceptable like adding brackets, grinding off tabs, etc"
And if you think this field is short in variety or ingenuity, you might not have followed closely enough. If you think Acetone looks like Steamroller looks like Stimulus Raticus looks like Carcass...
Dude, I hope I didn't vote for yours

Soooo.... where were your Big Guns, This Person is bitter and needs a Hug! Don’t argue with fools because from a distance people don’t know who is who! To All that finished this year and respect the Hobby EPIC WORK,

Wow! It's pretty lame to come into the Voting Thread with a pure opinion piece, to basically slam an entire Build Off field and to promote the one build you feel is worthy of being in said Build Off. That really takes a special kind of arrogance .
You rock, kingfish.

He gets bonus points for not understanding that free speach just means you can't get arrested for voicing your opinion. Not that it protects you from looking like an ahole, recieving contradicting opinions, and getting your inflammatory comments deleted from a privately owned forum (if warranted).

W
Soooo.... where were your Big Guns, This Person is bitter and needs a Hug! Don’t argue with fools because from a distance people don’t know who is who! To All that finished this year and respect the Hobby EPIC WORK,
e all did great with all this year thru at us. These bikes kept a lot of us busy and having fun, it caused a lot of unknowns such as deliveries delayed, shops not open, people sell parts for a outrageous prices, and I’m not talking about how upside down COVID is making everyone’s life. I think every person over came life curves and still finished and entered their builds is a feet all on its own. This is all in good Fun still Right? If not I will Respectfully walk away.

W

e all did great with all this year thru at us. These bikes kept a lot of us busy and having fun, it caused a lot of unknowns such as deliveries delayed, shops not open, people sell parts for a outrageous prices, and I’m not talking about how upside down COVID is making everyone’s life. I think every person over came life curves and still finished and entered their builds is a feet all on its own. This is all in good Fun still Right? If not I will Respectfully walk away.

YES! We are all grown men and women playing around with bikes for fun! How serious can it be? :D

YES! We are all grown men and women playing around with bikes for fun! How serious can it be? :D
Exactly just enjoy the competitive fun! I’m enjoying learning and picking up on all the ideas, class1 is wide open with creativity. If it’s my style or NOT I respect the work that went into it!! I’m a newbie coming for you veterans!!!! LOL

Well, I understand what the guy's say'n. I myself know my build is more of Restore than a Rat ride and I consider it just another Basic bike. But it's all in Fun!? No? The field was definitely not short on Charisma and style in my opinion. Some theses bikes were soo off the hook for Class 1 builds.

MattiThundrrr summed it up perfect, This is "Class 1: Traditional Builds"

Relax my friends, it's Labor Day! :banana:

Latest posts

Back