Coaster Brake Challenge 19

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cbc19web.jpg

Coaster Brake Challenge has been going strong for near a decade. Coaster brake only, single speed, no secondary braking systems allowed. You will be challenged!

The series is a month long, 4 Sunday AM meet ups in a row. Points for finishing, more for placing, you have heat winners and an overall point leader for the series win.

20 dollar entry fee gets you a t-shirt, patch and entry into to all four heats plus a raffle at the end where we give away a bunch of cool goodies! Such a deal.

If you have seen or heard about is before and want to come try it out, I have loaner bikes upon request. Be sure to let me know in advance.

Helmet. Yes.

Fun? Oh for sure! It is not a a pub crawl, your fitness and bike handling skills will be put to the test.

Hope to see you then!

More info at wwwatomiccycles.com

I bicycle takes you places in many ways and not all those ways have been discovered, the journey is endless on many levels.

We did a 7 mile climb and then went back down the same path so the brakes were hot! It was a 50 degree day in them hills Using a laser temperature sensor we recorded the temp of each hub, the model of each hub and whether or not it had an external cooling system. Rider weight and riding style were not recorded. We figure on a summer day we would have had many hubs in the 400 + degree group. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back