RRBBO13 coke hauler 80's huffy coke promo bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally, I love the faded red on the frame. And those tires fit the build perfectly, hope you keep them!

With some light spray of a can of Rustoleum Texture paint,and some flat black to fade the rear rack. And a little Rustoleum Cornflower yellow to reduce the white on the fenders and tank; just a faint mist from about 4 feet away, you could create a vintage coke hauler that has withstood the test of time.

I used the Rustoleum Texture (there are two shades of brown) on a number of my bikes to accentuate the 'aging process'...
Here's the results on my Beer Boy Delivery bike...similar theme, just a different beverage. :wink1:
IMG_20150614_134259.jpg

This Cold Beer arrow was a brand new bright red and white sign. A few short minutes after using three colors to mist it, this was the result:

Before
IMG_20150519_191223.jpg

After

IMG_20150520_202739.jpg

And like I always say, 'Quit before you think you are done' so you don't over-do it.

Personally, I love the faded red on the frame. And those tires fit the build perfectly, hope you keep them!
oh yeah the red tires are staying the bike they came off is in my project shed now as it has been wrecked( seems to be a pattern of me lately lol) i do like the faded color but there is some rust areas i had to grind and now thee is bare metal i may just clear coat it now you got me thinking about that i am with you i love the look of a well enjoyed bike i may just touch up th areas i grinded and clearcoat it and call lit done i may use your idea for the decals when i get them good thinking and i like the idea

With some light spray of a can of Rustoleum Texture paint,and some flat black to fade the rear rack. And a little Rustoleum Cornflower yellow to reduce the white on the fenders and tank; just a faint mist from about 4 feet away, you could create a vintage coke hauler that has withstood the test of time.

I used the Rustoleum Texture (there are two shades of brown) on a number of my bikes to accentuate the 'aging process'...
Here's the results on my Beer Boy Delivery bike...similar theme, just a different beverage. :wink1:
View attachment 77380

This Cold Beer arrow was a brand new bright red and white sign. A few short minutes after using three colors to mist it, this was the result:

Before
View attachment 77381

After

View attachment 77382

And like I always say, 'Quit before you think you are done' so you don't over-do it.

Looks like this will be as smooth as a nice cold coke going down on a hot summers day...

little change of plans on the paint after seeing oddjob's build i decided to just clear coat the paint and leave it as is so i bought 2 cans of matte finish clear coat to give it a well enjoyed finish and preserve the battle wounds of being enjoyed so now i got the paint it is time to tear it all down and begin the clearcoat today i a no go since it is wet and raining and i doubt i will get a good enough finish bt here is the paint i will be using all the metal will get this possibly the plastic tank as well next step is decals and treatment for the decals to look used but presentable more updates soon
WIN_20180607_15_25_05_Pro.jpg

View attachment 77380 i decided to use this paint idea as a guideline for mine i am going to clearcoat the faded paint and leave the battlewounds to give it a well enjoyed look thanks for the idea i love ti gonna roll with it

Before
View attachment 77381

After

View attachment 77382

little change of plans on the paint after seeing oddjob's build i decided to just clear coat the paint and leave it as is so i bought 2 cans of matte finish clear coat to give it a well enjoyed finish and preserve the battle wounds of being enjoyed so now i got the paint it is time to tear it all down and begin the clearcoat today i a no go since it is wet and raining and i doubt i will get a good enough finish bt here is the paint i will be using all the metal will get this possibly the plastic tank as well next step is decals and treatment for the decals to look used but presentable more updates soonView attachment 77391
ould also like to thank odd job for the idea i love it and gonna go with it

well change of plans i decided i wanted to paint this bike because i want it to pop so i am painting it with 2 coats red and 2 coats clearcoat the clear coat is matte so it most likely will not shine but that's ok i may exchange them for gloss clear coat but unsure yet but here is the beginning stage of the pait progress still a very long way not even seeing light at the end of the tunnel yet but it is beginning stil lots of sanding and more coating this is the very first coat kickstand will be cleaned up and taped off for paintwork but truth be told i may remove it and add a different kickstand
100_2414.JPG

ugly as a 5 dollar hose on a friday night!!! but i will fix it just gotta sand and recoat until it is perfect
100_2415.JPG

more sanding needed on the runs but i will fix her up she's curing in the sun for now
100_2416.JPG

applied the second coat and am almost ready to call paint done just gotta finish sand it and touch up the bad areas then off to clear coating it i am going to try and use naval jelly on the rusty stem has anyone used this before? never tried it but i got a lot of rust that needs removing also does this stuff work on removing rust stains form plastic tanks? will not try it until i get some feedback on that route but the tank has rust stains i need to remove before i clearcoat it also can this be used on painted parts? neer used it so i am asking lots of questions since you guys rock and i know if anyone will know you guys will
WIN_20180611_13_43_04_Pro.jpg

well tried the naval jelly out to see if it works parts are soaking in 10 minutes i will rinse everything and see what i got ( even got my pirty lil yellow gwovies with the polka dots lol do they not realize men use these as well lol)
View attachment 77730
old gas cans make great wash basins btw im all about being cheap and repurposing a junk gas can just sayin lol
100_2436.JPG

well the results are in!!!!! and i am not impressed the product did what it was supposed to do, but now i got a bunch of metal i have to paint!!!! so guess im painting all the silver pieces white to match the white accents stem will be red and bars painted white but since their going to be covered in foam grip i may just not even paint the bars and put white foam over them
100_2437.JPG

began some assembly after the paint cured i hate hate hate rustoleum paint it is terrible but i did what i could with what i had color matched
the rear rack forgot to post the pics of it being painted but looking at previous pics you can see the black rack got some of the goodies mounted
still got lots of work to do but it' already looks better you'd swear i actually know what i'm doing here
100_2473.JPG
100_2474.JPG
100_2475.JPG
100_2473.JPG
100_2476.JPG
100_2477.JPG
100_2478.JPG

more progress on coke hauler i got the wooden box mounted i wanted to keep it sideways to give it a better look also got the speedo mounted i bent the reflector bracket upward to hold the speedo on n old roof mounting bracket for a shed works great as a speedo mount for the dual speedo setup i also rebuilt the rear hub and got it unseized( don't ask it was a mess lol) and cleaned the kickstand of its overspray some 150 grit sandpaper worked perfectly for it more updates soon its getting there but still got more to do more updates soon
100_2522.JPG
100_2523.JPG
100_2524.JPG
100_2525.JPG
100_2526.JPG
100_2527.JPG
100_2528.JPG
100_2529.JPG

well slight problem with something i wanted to do ( isn't there always lol) i was trying to install the front brake ad discovered these forks are not drilled out so looks like no front brakes for this one instead i will run a rear caliper brake as a secondary in the event i lose my chain which seems to happen a lot so i will be running the brake on the back as such in the pictures next step is bodywork on the fenders and chainguard to prep them for paintwork and a new stem bolt here is the brake lever i will be using chipped and all it is only a secondary brake so not concerned how it looks
100_2531.JPG
the rear caliper as it sits
100_2532.JPG

look it is one of those magical brake calipers that does not need bolts!!!!! this is a problem i will have to fix
100_2533.JPG

cheapo front forks are not drilled looks like no front brakes for this guy( tire off balance is duly noted there is no tubes yet and the wheel is only bolted with 1 bolt )
100_2530.JPG

more progress on coke hauler i am about 80 percent finished just have to put tubes rim strips decals and grips and a chain and make some adjustments and she will be ready to ride next step is recovering the seat with this black velvet as i did on beastern only black instead of red if i have enough material leftover i am going to try to like the box with it as well gonna leave the white parts battered and scratched to give it a used look
100_2543.JPG
here is the view from sitting on the bike all the gooies work minus the small speedo which is jsut to mimmick a tachometer
100_2544.JPG
closeup of the tacho speedo
100_2545.JPG
decided to run my starcut sprocket on thi build leaving the dents rust and scrapes on the white parts gives it character

100_2546.JPG

still have to adjust and connect the rear caliper rbake but it is all mounted and on there
100_2547.JPG

going to make the seat coer in black velvet may use leftover material inside the box if i have enough left
100_2548.JPG

front view almost a rider!!! tubes chain rim strips and decals and shes done!!! and some fine tuning and hook up the generator and taillight
100_2549.JPG

well slight problem with something i wanted to do ( isn't there always lol) i was trying to install the front brake ad discovered these forks are not drilled out so looks like no front brakes for this one instead i will run a rear caliper brake as a secondary in the event i lose my chain which seems to happen a lot so i will be running the brake on the back as such in the pictures next step is bodywork on the fenders and chainguard to prep them for paintwork and a new stem bolt here is the brake lever i will be using chipped and all it is only a secondary brake so not concerned how it looksView attachment 78742 the rear caliper as it sits
View attachment 78743
look it is one of those magical brake calipers that does not need bolts!!!!! this is a problem i will have to fix
View attachment 78744
cheapo front forks are not drilled looks like no front brakes for this guy( tire off balance is duly noted there is no tubes yet and the wheel is only bolted with 1 bolt )
View attachment 78745
There is always the two brakes on bottom of your feet:giggle:

Latest posts

Back