Colson Bullnose / Firestone Super Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frame and fork around 2006, when I got into old bikes and piece by piece have got more parts from a buddy (that I got the frame from). He cannibalized most of it to build a boy's Colson years ago, never had the tank - but being my favorite bikes, I have hung on to it and have tried to piece it together. Would love to find a tank, I think it's a clipper. Really would like to own more Colsons, absolutely love them. Decided to post it now that it's almost a becoming a bike. Looking for a sprocket, badge, fenders and curved flat braces in addition to a tank. Have a set of Lobdell triple drops to put on it later. :D

Colson_Clipper001.jpg

Colson_Clipper003.jpg

Colson_Clipper002.jpg

Re: Colson Clipper (I think)

i have a dogleg crank/skiptooth sprocket and bearings off a prewar girly colson but it's rusty - you can have it for shipping from 50401

i like colsons too. i got 57 evans w/the springer and a 38?ish boys doublebar packard.

backpedaler said:
i have a dogleg crank/skiptooth sprocket and bearings off a prewar girly colson but it's rusty - you can have it for shipping from 50401

i like colsons too. i got 57 evans w/the springer and a 38?ish boys doublebar packard.

If Skoda dosent take you up on that offer I certainly will!. Have a ratty Colson missing some stuff.
-Kreep-

Your bike is a Firstone cruiser. It would have a Bullnose tank.. The 2 holes in the neck are to bolt the front of the tank to it. This bike doesn't have a headbadge for the neck because the tank wraps around it. The badge is a flat piece of steel or brass that covers the front of the tank that has the lettering Firestone cruiser on it. The Clipper chainguard is different with a bigger point on it.

I have extra sprockets,cranks, girls tank, fenders for your bike. and this bike wouldnt have triple drops originally. it would just have lobdell drop centers I have a set of those as well. let me know if you are interested in these parts and I willl take some pics for you. parts arent cheap though since this was a one year only bicycle made in 41. not to many of them out there any more. Thanks,Nate

Bullnose huh? Good to know. I'd trade my whole collection for a boy's Bullnose. I may sell a few other bikes and get with you npence. Also, pm'd you on the sprocket Backpeddler. I owe you two now! 8)

Just to narrow it down, if it was the Firestone, would it have had the fancier fork? (BTW - never painting anything that goes on this bike, whatever color the parts are, is what they stay if they haven't been spray bombed already) Thanks again for the direction. This site's always full of good cats.... 8)

Since it is a cruiser model not the super cruiser it would have the same forks you have but with truss rods. I have a boys supercruiser in the process of being restored what kind of bikes do you have for trade.

Awesome collection of bikes Skoda My garage looked like that till I got a new space to organize stuff. it is alot easy to work and find stuff. Let me know if you have any ideas on some trade bait for the colson bullnose parts.
here is my new space where I keep most of my bikes
078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

Ok Nate, When you guna sell me the boys Mercury pacemaker???? I need one of those. Or the girls clipper!!!!!! C'mon buddy!!

slick said:
Ok Nate, When you guna sell me the boys Mercury pacemaker???? I need one of those. Or the girls clipper!!!!!! C'mon buddy!!
Hey Slick,
Everything is for sale at the right price make me an offer.

Nate what the deal with all the bike tags on the stair well ... any michigan? just curious... :D
and man i wish a cool lil place to tool around with my bikes...90 degree garage is getting a lil old... :lol:

jaysmo said:
Nate what the deal with all the bike tags on the stair well ... any michigan? just curious... :D
and man i wish a cool lil place to tool around with my bikes...90 degree garage is getting a lil old... :lol:
The tags are all Ohio tags No Michigan.

Latest posts

Back