Colson - Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't decide which way to go on this one, always wanted to do an orange bike(shown here in Chevy Orange which may not be the right shade but close) but I think this would be a perfect military type build plus I have set of black out ND war hubs I've been saving up. Did a quick mock-up painting both side of frame and fork, needs to be fully stripped before teh final paint. Either way completely black trim, no chrome. Opinions welcome, want to get this one done for summer.

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0670.jpg

looks real nice so far :mrgreen:
btw is that rear hub a single or 2 speed? if its a 2 would you post some pics of it apart(i cant seem to find any good schematics of the new d 2 speed :x )?

aka_locojoe said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
I thought those were two bikes

It blew my mind, leave it alone

I'm assuming it's a photoshop job?

Nope, says he painted each side of the frame one color. You can kind of see orange in a couple spots on the green side.

No Photoshop, both sides of the bike and fork were shot real quick with a rattle can, as ratina mentioned you can see some orange overshoot on the green side which was shot first. It actually did occur to me as I was posting the pics that it would be kinda neat to do a half & half bike like that. If I could do a clean, straight masking job I would possibly consider it. Although it seems like a real pain in the butt, especially how to deal with inside the rear triangles maybe just black there. There's an ugly house paint job sitting under it all right now.

Sensor, I'm sure it's a single speed hub, I'll snap some pics when I tear it down. Front hub needs some new paint, but the rear is real fresh.

thanks!(even a single might help with those pesky discs being placed right :x )
and if you back tape(take some 2" tape sticky side down and fold it back you wont have a hard line (it will fade out) you could do the 2 side paint(ill try to post a pic of back taping later.....or maybe upperclass whitetrash can explain it better) just so you know......either of those would look great but im kinda liking the orange myself :shock:

I like the 2 sided paint job. show up with one bike and leave with another. If you go for the single paint, then go Orange.

Latest posts

Back