Competition between RRB members over eBay items...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So, as I got beat out on yet another Brooks B72 saddle auction...I was wondering, are any of these other bidders RRB members? Continuing on that thought, maybe...we could post when we find an auction we are interested in to see if any one else planned on bidding on it. Then hash out which one was willing to go higher so the rest could just bow out and the big pockets RRB member might just get a better deal. That brought up the issue though...that as soon as its posted here, you might be creating more bidders than who would have normally seen it. Or...the particularly sneaky RRB members might enter into negotiations, bow out to big money RRB guy, and then game the system by having a proxy (wife, for instance) bid instead, potentially against less bidders.

Needless to say, the ramifications got complex enough that it became a non-starter...but, thought it was maybe an interesting thought experiment :grin:

Jason

Didn’t bid on B72 saddle, I’ve. I’d on different items. I’ve won and lost o snipers in last seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like eBay but I rarely bid on anything...
But you can find deals on Buy It Now all day.
Of course I have out sniped the snipers by bidding what I would be willing to pay rather than bidding just to beat a price.

Carl.

I think like Guitarlcarl, Just estimate what its worth to you and bid that for the max. bid. If it looks like you are loosing, at the end - If it's important to you, throw in a few bucks and you might get it. :bigboss:

Of course I have out sniped the snipers by bidding what I would be willing to pay rather than bidding just to beat a price.
This is my approach as well. I wait for the last 10seconds and bid what I'm willing to pay. If I get it...cool...if I don't, oh well :grin:.

Jason

Last edited:
Lol , this is RatRodbikes , ther aren't any big money guys here , all cheapies , think about it . :giggle:
I was using 'big money' in the relative sense in my description. Dizzle has stated that he doesn't go above $50 for a Brooks. If I'm willing to go $75...I'm the big money guy. However, most mediocre Brooks end up selling for $80-120+ on the ebay...so, neither of us are the big money guy :grin:

Its all relative,
Jason

edit...and I've seen the SOLD tag applied to some pretty high dollar stuff in the RRB for sale section, so...there is some big money here as well.

emoticon-dollars-happy-holding-dollar-bills-41405317.jpg

Last edited:
Yah I kno , I've been around for a while , try to remember I'm just here for comedy relief.

Yah I kno , I've been around for a while , try to remember I'm just here for comedy relief.
That's what alter egos are for...
of course I'm just brown bagging it these days.

Merle.

I laid in bed all fall and winter recovering from back surgery. I used my phone to bid one eBay to build a bike. Loose some win some. I was fortunate bidding as I had nothing else to do except research parts and bid. I found winter is the time for the best prices. After Christmas. Sometimes the price even goes down more in the spring as new parts come out. Depends on what you want, new technology or old. Old seems more reasonable in winter, new after Christmas or Spring. At lest that is what I observed last fall/winter.

Latest posts

Back