Cool Brooks Seat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Found this seat and decided to use it on my Typhoon instead of the Nirve seat I had on it. The Nirve seat is going on my RRBBO bike.

100_2584.jpg

100_2583.jpg

100_2582.jpg

this shows you how bad of a vintage snob i am. lol that is a brooks B72 it will say on the sides of the seat. that is by far the most comfy of the brooks saddles. make sure you use a lot of saddle soap on her to keep the leather soft otherwise you will be hating yourself when you crack the leather.

Actually, that is good to know. I had read a few posts on the Schwinn site about caring for a Brooks seat.

You are right...B72 :lol:

I had a chance this past summer to buy one at a swap meet and I couldn't make up my mind and I came back 30 minutes later and it was gone. I won't even tell yall what he was asking because you'd laugh at the amount I was holding back on. :oops:

well if you don't mind what did you pay for the b72? i traded my boss my b72 for the brooks professional that is now the crown jewel of my lucky 7 bike. although the b72 is way more comfy it just did not fit the boardtracker look i was going for.

karfer67 said:
well if you don't mind what did you pay for the b72? i traded my boss my b72 for the brooks professional that is now the crown jewel of my lucky 7 bike. although the b72 is way more comfy it just did not fit the boardtracker look i was going for.

I paid $30 for it at the bike shop. The one I could have had at the swap meet was $11....OUCH OUCH OUCH!!!! :cry:

still 30 bucks is a bargain. i look high and low for brooks saddles all the time and the more ratty and patinaed the better. great find!

Latest posts

Back