Copperhead Road

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Done at last. Earlier this week I thought I was not going to get it done. Lots of late evenings and it is finished. Today I took it out for it's first ride. I rode a mile or so. Everything worked great. I forgot to bring any tools and could have used an allen key to tighten the stem a little more. It was ok but a little loose. Here is a few pics of the first place I rode it. Nice path in a park close to me. I hope to get a video up tomorrow.
This is how the bike started, worn out and holes in the frame.
DSC02811.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02817.jpg

On the first ride.
Picture001.jpg

Old gogles for racing on the boardtrack.
Picture002.jpg

The goggles look like headlights.
Picture003.jpg

The bars are nice and they were comfortable for the first ride. They seem to be solid with no flex. Maybe with the large tubing they are stronger.
Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Gorgeous! Fantastic bars, and i say that as a qualified plumber! How would you describe that frame colour? Beetroot?

GORGEOUS!......I LOVE the color. Perfect, No pin-striping needed! BARS...make the bike!

Those bars are awesome. Never would have thought of something like that. And the color goes with the copper real well. Dig it.

LightenUpBikes said:
Awesome! I love this look! This is one of my favs for sure. Where'd you get the white tires?

those are Schwalbe "Fat Frank" tires.
i bought some for my flightliner, but they wont clear the fenders.
so nice though.

love the bike oldy.

The tires are Fat Franks from a local bike shop. I was there to check what they had in old style tires and these were on the rack. They are cream not white. The whole bike turned out nice. The paint is by Dupli-Color Truck, Van & SUV paint. The color is Director Red. I would not use it again, dries very fast but does not cover well. I put clear on top and i crinkled the red paint a few spots. It was hard to fix as it stayed soft and hard to sand. I was going to put cream accents on the bike but did not have time to do it. Maybe in the future.
Here is videos of the bike. The quality is not the best. It was hard to hold the camera and take the pictures.

That's very cool! I also could have used those goggles today. Carried part of a gnat in my eye for about 15 miles while riding. Congrats on the bike!

Latest posts

Back