Correct crank for 20" starjet deluxe?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Putting this together today, I'm not sure if this crank is even for a 20", as the leg length is like an inch shorter than another bike I measured. The chain guard is in the right spot but I'd have to grind 3/4 of the way into this crank to get it to clear the chain guard. Does anyone maybe have one that would clear cleanly? I attached some pics for reference, ignore Schwinn chainring I put that on there.
IMG_20180923_171720.jpg
IMG_20180923_171702.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe try adjusting the chain guard? Looks like the original cranks rubbed there too.

Are there bearings in the cranks? Chain ring looks tight to the frame. Spacer for the cranks might work.

Check to be sure there are enough extra threads on the opposite side for the lock ring and nut to compensate for the washers. Then, if the chain line to the rear cog isn't as straight as it should be, the cog can be flipped if it's concave to get some adjustment, or the chain wheel can be flipped if the adjustment is needed the other direction.
images

Latest posts

Back