Cowboy bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had seen pictures of the Hopalong Cassidy bike but today I discovered the Gene Autry bike. Anybody know of any other cowboy or Western themed bicycles? Might make a cool build off idea.
6db4928ec6bec62c37b36f3325b581c9.jpg
f60f044776fac5405bf8d1c162f629df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So, Gene rode a sorrel with white blaze (Champion the Wonder Horse). The bike matches. Roy rode a palomino (Trigger). The bike matches. Hopalong rode a white horse (Topper). The Hoppy bike is black. This doesn't match his horse but does match his outfit, which was all black. I watched all three of these buckaroos on TV when I was a kid, but I never saw a cowboy bike.

The Cowboy 3 is an Singlespeed electric Bike from Belgium and puts you in a good mood 😎

Photo I took on Ragbrai 2004 in Lost Nation. Local kid riding this around.

IMG_0664

My wife has been pestering me ever since to make some like it. She has picked up several "Wonder Horses" (kids rocking toy on springs) for me to adapt. They made millions of them so they aren't hard to find. Wonder Horse was just one brand, there are others.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=wonder+horse&t=h_&iax=images&ia=images
Here is one I built. Furry horse over a styrofoam body with some metal frame work in side. Squeeze the ears and it makes horse sounds. I built it as a "strider" or "balance" bike as getting pedals workable under a fat horse is tough.

Horsie.bike (7)

clop clop, lets see if this video link works:
MVI_4379

one of my "RODEO" bikes. I built this up using an old Ralegh M40 I found in a dumpster. Wrapped the frame in twine and rope, hot glued on and soaked in shellac for color and to help hold the fibres in place. I spoked the wheels up with the hubs 2" off center so when you ride, it's like riding a bucking bronco. Since the photo I added a nice tan and brown saddle.

Raleigh M40 Rodeo bike

long video showing several of my rode bikes in action from 2011.

Latest posts

Back