Craigslist nightmares and dreams...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Craigslist nightmares and dreams... funny stories

Just got a message I had to share. Nothing bad just a signature that made me laugh. :lol:

"Although no trees were harmed in the making of this message, several thousand electrons were inconvenienced."

Wow How do not get pushed into on coming traffic.....with that motor bck there crazy

Well I had a funny experience today, a guy e-mails about the tall bike I had listed on Craigslist and says he wanted to come look at it. He does, has me air up the tires, takes a short test ride, says he likes it, takes a picture of it, and says he's going to pass :? ...after driving 50 miles one way to see it in a FULL SIZE VAN! It probably cost him more in fuel than I was asking for the bike. :roll:

Why not just ask for better pictures?

^^^ I'm thinking he may want to build his own and didn't know what it would be like to ride. Took extra pictures for inspiration. Possible?

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
^^^ I'm thinking he may want to build his own and didn't know what it would be like to ride. Took extra pictures for inspiration. Possible?

Luke.
I thought that too but why not just buy mine that's already built? I mean 100 mile round trip in a full size van just to ride a bike and go home empty? I got another guy lined up to buy it on Sunday so I don't care either way just thought it was weird.

I think finally the masses are steering away from the "chopper," crowd, look, vibe and feel. There have been so many wonderfull spokesmen for "chopperdum," lately no wonder people think the bikes are stoopid, or bicycles for that matter.
Jesse James, screwed a skank that was as hot as his wife.....
The OCC crew just hates their own family, not good for business!
I am just thankfull I got a bad dose of, "bikers," as a youth and never became a clubber, 1% on a bicycle is tough to maintain!
So buy while they are cheap!

Wildcat said:
Just don't try to do anything with the stem! Don't even think about it!

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/bik/3612912299.html

Yeah, don't even LOOK at the stem as if you want to fix it! haha

I love this part " Look at the rims!! NO RUST." Yeah, it's because they're aluminum! :roll:

junknutz1975 said:
this seems a bit high for a girls bike. maybe im wrong........ you decide :wink:
http://westernmass.craigslist.org/bik/3635142590.html

That is high, especially with a bent fork, but this could be more about the sum of all it's parts:

-Headbadge = $
-rack = $
-skirts = $$
-skiptooth stuff = $$
-grips = $
-long spring saddle = $
-dogleg crank = $

Latest posts

Back