Crusty Klunker budget build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored a crusty rusty Jamis Earth Cruiser frame, fork and stem from a friend and slapped some parts I had laying around and here ya go! This is a fun low budget cruiser that gets down. This is real rust and I love it. Hope you dig it!
20180421_151515.jpg
20180421_151504.jpg
20180421_151543.jpg
20180421_151454.jpg

I really like this one!

When I was messing with technical free-ridey mountain biking those Kenda Nevegals tires ( Stickee version front and rear set up ghetto tubeless ) were my tire of choice. Whenever I see them on a bike now, they always project a distinct aggressive look to me.

Great looking bike! Love those big ol' knobbies! :grin:

Cool bars.

I've considered dropping down from the 2.4 Rock Hawks on my build off klunker/cruiser bike because the bike is kinda heavy. But I sure do like the way they handle roots and rocks and curbs and potholes. And love the way they look.

Plus I feel like I could go over ANYTHING with them on there.

The 2.25's might've been a better all-around choice. Giving a little better clearance and acceleration. But I don't mind that I have to stand up now and then to get that big ole sucker rollin quick.

Attachments

• 20190908_142045.jpg
    20190908_142045.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
That's a really cool bike. My bike would go almost anywhere with the 2.50 tires on it. They were huge and gave it a unique look . But I do a little bit of street riding also and the big tires slowed me down. When I hit the trails I'll do a tire change. Take it ez!

That's a really cool bike. My bike would go almost anywhere with the 2.50 tires on it. They were huge and gave it a unique look . But I do a little bit of street riding also and the big tires slowed me down. When I hit the trails I'll do a tire change. Take it ez!
I love the look of your bike too. And I can certainly understand wanting a lighter, faster, more maneuverable bike for the street.
My bike is a little slow. But I need the extra excercise. And I've been out of the bike game for a while. The big tires force me to ride harder.

You do some awesome rides bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back