Custom Diamondback "JOKER" ~~DONE, FINISHED, CONCLUDED!~~

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Very nice Luke!
I love the contrast and really like how the name is done like it was handwriting.
BRAVO!

WOW! Very nice Luke!
I love the contrast and really like how the name is done like it was handwriting.
BRAVO!
Thanks King! I had some doubts as I was going along about how well it would work, that lettering was ordered on the 1st of May when I was still planning the old paint scheme, but they work really well with this!

Here is the site I used for the lettering if anyone wants to try it, you do all the designing yourself and just order it when you are done: http://doityourselflettering.com/create/

Oh yeah! That's perfect! Great job Luke, this bike looks like a professional build to me, I wouldn't be surprised to see a bike company borrow this design.

Rg
Thanks Rg! Factory bike is exactly what I was going for! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Thanks everyone! Was hoping to have it all buttoned up over the weekend, but the health has taken a dip, so it may take a few extra days.

Also realized I forgot to add a cable stop for the gyro cable to the back brake under the top tube-tank, so need to figure some way of getting around that... :39:

Luke.

Had a spare hour today, so threw some parts at it and went for a ride:

14639048724_5d982f168e_z.jpg

Still have some changes to make, the bars are too small, just look silly now the frame is so much bigger, so will swap them with some others I have, need a new/better seat, lower gyro cable and front brake cable, pedals and just a general parts clean up, but I have to say, it rides so nice!

Nothing like a bike that actually fits! Gearing is good with the 42/13, maybe a bit high for park riding, but great for cruising, the oversize 2.4 tires just barely fit in the frame and forks and they are also sticky so they flick sticks and small stones everywhere, making a constant tinkling sound, but I am sure that will go away as the newness goes out of them.

Close up of the graphics:

14640794612_9a91309792_z.jpg

Luke.

Had a spare hour today, so threw some parts at it and went for a ride:

14639048724_5d982f168e_z.jpg

Still have some changes to make, the bars are too small, just look silly now the frame is so much bigger, so will swap them with some others I have, need a new/better seat, lower gyro cable and front brake cable, pedals and just a general parts clean up, but I have to say, it rides so nice!

Nothing like a bike that actually fits! Gearing is good with the 42/13, maybe a bit high for park riding, but great for cruising, the oversize 2.4 tires just barely fit in the frame and forks and they are also sticky so they flick sticks and small stones everywhere, making a constant tinkling sound, but I am sure that will go away as the newness goes out of them.

Close up of the graphics:

14640794612_9a91309792_z.jpg

Luke.

Bike is looking great Luke!!!

Wow that's crazy cool.
My friend would have a field day with that bike. He tries to use mountain bikes like bmx bikes (I've given up fixing his bikes lol)

Wow that's crazy cool.
My friend would have a field day with that bike. He tries to use mountain bikes like bmx bikes (I've given up fixing his bikes lol)
That is exactly the type of person I had in mind with this bike, I used 14mm axles and 48 spoke double wall rims, dual ply sidewall tires, all the good stuff, so seeing as I am completely incapable of doing any tricks, it should be complete overkill and last forever!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back