Custom frame sizing help needed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to know if this frame makes sense for a 6’ 04” (184cm) tall guy like me. What’s your gut feeling? I’m skeptical about the top tube length but maybe it’s ok with that handlebar?
AB836E64-7327-4DAF-BB0C-BA67BD6B686C.png

So given the bmx handle bar height and its geometry aligned with the head tube angle I should be able to comfortably reach to it with no issues. I did check few geometry calculation systems, one being the RAD (distance between the BB and the grips) It looks like that frame is a bit of a stretch. I wish I had a BikeCAD Pro where I could show the rider’s position.

See Sheldon Brown's article on frame sizing, including references: https://www.sheldonbrown.com/frame-sizing.html
This is a great article but completely ignoring cruisers where dimensions and angles are custom and do not fall into any of the market sizes. My seat tube is at 67 degrees while Sheldon mentions 73 as the lowest value. I need a visualization.

Why do you think so? The saddle on the picture is at the height calculated for my body dimensions. What would you change?
Seat tube is 22" there. I'm 6'3", and my perfect measurement from center of BB to bolt under the seat is 28", no less than 26". So, as long as you've got 4" of seat post sticking up out of the seat tube, then it'll probably be alright, actually. Yeah, it'll be good, now that I double checked some of my own bikes.

Latest posts

Back