CYCO

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just messing with you. Doesn't matter what you wear. I can't find the Scott Ian interview about Lemmy's shorts or I'd post it.
It did work though, I got an update!
Looking forward to seeing more(of the bike, that is)!

Originally, this frame had a big ugly coaster brake arm mount welded onto it.........so I cut it off :D. Been trying to come up with an idea to attach the brake arm to the frame, and finally thought of this. It also means the brake arm is nearly hidden..........just need to turn up a spacer to go between the gusset and brake arm.

P1010204.jpg

Digging the hidden brake arm idea.
And overall sweet build; removing that seat tube made the bike IMHO.

Last edited:
Just couldn't resist the temptation for a quick photoshop of this bean bike.

ge6uda2a.jpg

Had to tweak it a bit.
Even better! Actually had me laughing out loud...

Luke.

Now that is funny! Bean just got Beaned!

Originally, this frame had a big ugly coaster brake arm mount welded onto it.........so I cut it off :D. Been trying to come up with an idea to attach the brake arm to the frame, and finally thought of this. It also means the brake arm is nearly hidden..........just need to turn up a spacer to go between the gusset and brake arm.

P1010204.jpg

You could do what I'm doing on Drag King and flip the brake arm over so that it comes over the top and it might completely hide it.

BTW, I feel ya on having gigs get in the way. I've got three this weekend and two of them are out of town. It cuts into the bike time!

My original plan for this bike was to be flat brown. I intended to finish off the welds nicely, smooth everything out with bog (what you guys call bondo), and use my friends pro spray booth to paint. Life got in the way and I don't have the time to finish the frame off as planned, so I had decided to just leave the welds as they, not clean up the grinding marks as much and hit it with a couple of coats of red primer.

I went to the hardware this morning to get the primer, and sitting right next to it on the shelf was flat chocolate and flat clear, so decided to use the originally planned color, and leave the welds and grind marks unfinished. I'm so glad I did...........the red primer would have suited it, but the flat chocolate brown just looks so much better to me. Should get two more coats on tomorrow and the clear the next day, the leave it to harden. The front end and bars are going to be all flat black, and I can get started on that tomorrow as well.

I've never used Plasti-Kote paint before, so I hope it's OK............came out of the can well and covered nicely, so here's hoping........it's only a bike anyway, and will end up with knocks and scrapes.

P1010207.jpg

P1010209.jpg

My original plan for this bike was to be flat brown. I intended to finish off the welds nicely, smooth everything out with bog (what you guys call bondo), and use my friends pro spray booth to paint. Life got in the way and I don't have the time to finish the frame off as planned, so I had decided to just leave the welds as they, not clean up the grinding marks as much and hit it with a couple of coats of red primer.

I went to the hardware this morning to get the primer, and sitting right next to it on the shelf was flat chocolate and flat clear, so decided to use the originally planned color, and leave the welds and grind marks unfinished. I'm so glad I did...........the red primer would have suited it, but the flat chocolate brown just looks so much better to me. Should get two more coats on tomorrow and the clear the next day, the leave it to harden. The front end and bars are going to be all flat black, and I can get started on that tomorrow as well.

I've never used Plasti-Kote paint before, so I hope it's OK............came out of the can well and covered nicely, so here's hoping........it's only a bike anyway, and will end up with knocks and scrapes.

P1010207.jpg

P1010209.jpg
Looks great Bean! Where did you pick that paint up? I have been trying to find a matt clear spray bomb for a while here in Aus...

Luke.

Looks great Bean! Where did you pick that paint up? I have been trying to find a matt clear spray bomb for a while here in Aus...

Luke.

Got it at Masters Luke. First time I've seen it in a rattle can as well. I tried it out on a scrap piece of tube today, and it is quite flat.......I was expecting a bit more gloss, but looks good.

Latest posts

Back