Dad's Vibe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats my kind of bike. Stripped down, simple and rideable. very kool.

This has turned out to be a very cool bike...I really like the color combo too.

Notice that my Dad is starting to see a nasty build up in his garage...he he.

Anyone recognize that DelSol in the background.

its like 1972 all over :lol: huffy must have made that same bike for 20 yrs with very few changes, my paper route bike was that bike and I
painted it royal blue in '72 some fun times back then and lots of miles on the huffy...some things never change, I like it !

Mark

Thanks EJ, Mark, and RR.

It was fun to take it from a rusting mess to something that looks fairly decent and rides pretty good.

I'm still not totally crazy about the paint scheme. I may end up painting the frame dark blue like the forks - or maybe painting the forks the same color as the frame. I thought a two tone paint scheme would look good but the paint colors were so close together that it wasn't exactly what I wanted.

So even though the official build is done, my changes to this one may not be done. We'll see.

Randy, based on my street rod days my first inclination was to paint the neck and front part of the frame tubes yellow. Maybe in a scallop design.

I also considered painting the entire frame the dark blue color that I used on the forks - and then hit the front end with yellow.

Actually, a yellow neck flowing back into yellow flames on the frame would be the best - but I'm not sure if I could tape off and paint any decent flames.

So there are lots of possibilities for changing it up and maybe I will try some of them at some point. It's a good testing ground. :lol:

at hobby lobby in the model car/train/airplane section they had some really cool flame stickers for maskin flames onto models with, might be just the thing, of course their small scale but looked to be perfect for a top tube or 4 !!

Thanks, CCR. I will try to check those out sometime. You never know what you might want to throw some flames on.

Latest posts

Back