Dalek's 1980's Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 5 months ago, a guy down the street from me was dumping some old bikes. One of them was a 1980's Huffy Good Vibrations with a heck of a lot of surface rust. Very filthy and needed work on it's gear shift and brakes. I also decided to start making Pee-Wee Herman's Bike from a 1952 Schwinn DX. (Still in Progress) Collecting parts for my X1 Bike, I ended up with a bit of left over stuff. Extra Super Siren, Streamers, etc. I also added a few of my own additions to it. Removing the rust was quite easy, just used steel wool on the rims and the frame, leaving the paint in great condition. I also acquired a set of fenders, and fixed the jammed shifter.

Here she is! After a long hard job of work, I've restored my bike into a fun beach cruiser.
DSCN0316_zpsa6266016.jpg

DSCN0326_zps7497c08b.jpg

DSCN0325_zpsf2f541ff.jpg

DSCN0324_zpsb558cd3a.jpg

DSCN0322_zpsc9868289.jpg

Yeah, mine's all original except the handlebars. They were Wald's 26" which I'm using on my Pee-Wee Herman bike. I really love how this one came out, great way to experiment before making the real thing! :)

Latest posts

Back