Deep 6 SRAM 2spd

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok guys. Finally got my bike back from the shop. The SRAM 2spd fit is fantastic. Was able to keep the 12ga spokes also. Looks great on the bike. Only had time to take a quick spin around the shop but I'm very impressed so far. The rear sprocket is smaller that the original one so pedaling take just a little more effort but also takes considerable less pedaling. I believe I may try a couple different sprocket sizes just to make sure which one I like more. Got it to kick in to 2nd gear a couple times and it seems to kick in just when you want it. Right about the time you decide you're pedaling fast enough, she shifts effortlessly into 2nd. Super smooth and quiet ride also. Pretty sure I'm going to enjoy this hub. I will post an update when I get a chance to put a few miles on it.
a6yhe8u2.jpg
yra8unur.jpg

NicksGarage said:
Glad that worked out for you. Did the spokes have to be cut at all?
Yeah he had to trim them just a little. I'm just glad he was able to keep the big spokes. Now I need to find a comfortable set of handlebars and grips.

If anyone was wondering what the issues were with the hub, here's a few pics. The bottom right is the nut that is supposed to hold that offset chainring on. Not sure why it doesn't have the lock ring groove instead. Also you can see the spacers on both sides of the hub to make up the difference to fit the frame.
6uhy9u4a.jpg
4y5yta3e.jpg
qyduqa2e.jpg

Here's one all together. I didn't have the bike so I don't know if the extra washers that fit over the spacers are stock or where they're supposed to be if they are.

feltwheels12.jpg

feltwheels13.jpg

NicksGarage said:
Here's one all together. I didn't have the bike so I don't know if the extra washers that fit over the spacers are stock or where they're supposed to be if they are.

feltwheels12.jpg

feltwheels13.jpg
Mine didn't come with the bigger washers. Didn't you get the chainring tac welded to the hub? I have to let you ride mine with the two speed. It's a big difference.

Alsfelt said:
Mine didn't come with the bigger washers. Didn't you get the chainring tac welded to the hub? I have to let you ride mine with the two speed. It's a big difference.

That must have been someone else. I just got these wheels from another member.

Latest posts

Back