Detroit Cruise

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Freak Bike Militia - Great Lakes will be holding a Bike cruise on March 10th in conjunction with the Detroit Autorama. Some of the details still have to be worked out yet, but this should be one heckuva good time. We plan on hitting the show and checking out everything (including the custom bike and motorcycle show) and then taking the streets of Detroit, Freak Bike Style!
This get together is open to anyone! Don't want to ride? You can still come down and hang out with us at the show!
Everyone who shows and sees me or Giggles will get a couple of "FREE" Freak Bike Militia stickers!

More info will be posted soon! So check this thread out often!
Want to find out more on Autorama?
http://www.autorama.com/casi/detroit.htm

Thanks guys and gals,
Chainsaw

Could i put my panther in the show? i would like 2 i love the autorama omg!
DSCF0310.jpg

If your interested in showing your bike you'll need to contact Bicycle Don or his wife Debbie from Al Petri & Sons bicycle shop, heres the link http://www.petribikes.com/shows/ . Nice bike you've got there, its alot like my '63 Deluxe American...Kelly
schwinn3resized7ii.png

Those are the original Schwinn stickers. This bike is completly unmolested and I am the second owner. The original owner had a Schwinn speedo on it with nearly 3000 miles in it...Kelly

ricksterr1221 said:
Could i put my panther in the show? i would like 2 i love the autorama gosh!
DSCF0310.jpg

Why not come down, check out the show and ride with us! Should be a good time and I promise to do at least one stupid thing that day! :D
Details should be posted in the next hour or so.

These are the directions that Budzilla has given me so I just threw them on here for everybody that's interested in attending :

Ok, peoples here is a run down of the location of my office.

I hope those of you that are going to meet us there for this ride can figure out for yourselves how to get to the I-75 and I-696 interchange. Here are a couple of pics of how close my office is to the freeway.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/ ... office.jpg

If you are coming south on I-75 you will want to take the westbound I-696 exit.

My office is at the very next exit.You can stay in the right lane and you will exit the freeway at Bremuda. (you can see the white tower on the south side of the freeway from there)

Once you get on the service drive you come to a light. You will want to turn left.
Make sure you turn at the intersection and not at the service drive turn around that is just before it.

After turning left you will go over the freeway and there is another light on the other side.

once you get through that second light there is a road immediately on the right, turn right onto this road.

See this pic of the area-

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e374/ ... Office.jpg

it's just a few yards until you make a left at the next street- eprize dr.

eprize is the large white building to your right after you make the last turn.

there is a parking lot to pull into and we will be in it near the purple wall waiting for you.

How about 10:00 am at my office?

I was figuring we could park the open vehicles there (so nobody worries about stuff being stolen) and go hit the Autorama.

After the Autorama we come back and go for a ride through Royal Oak. There are shops for everyone there from antiques to fetish shops to book stores to lots of resturaunts.

If we feel up for it we can then go hit Detroit for a wonderful ride through the streets of decay!

We will probably have commemorative t-shirts available. I'll let you guys know in the next day or two.

Got any questions?
[email protected]

Hi I'm the new guy.

Hello everyone, I'm Budzilla.

I know Chainsaw, Nogoodnic, Yyzmec, and Gotavan. I think other who have different handles on this site than on CBN.

We at FBM-GL have this little shindig happening on the 10th and like Chainy said we hope everyone can make it. All are welcome!

Since this is my very first post, I hope this is ok......We will have T-shirts made for the ride. If anyone wants one they are $20. You can email me at [email protected] or send me a private message. I can take PayPal. I will need the size you want and the shirt color you want. We are getting them in Military Green, Gray, Red and Hot Pink. The screen will be in black. Please order soon - I have to get the order to the printer!

The artwork for the shirts----

DETROITshirtback14X6.jpg

I would love to go on that cruise... No way in heck would my parents let me lol... It would be a blast maybe nextyear eh?

ricksterr1221 said:
I would love to go on that cruise... No way in heck would my parents let me lol... It would be a blast maybe nextyear eh?

Ricksterr, bring the family along with ya! Don't let them tell you that they're to old to ride, cause I'm 47 and can still hang with you young pups! If mom says, "But I'll be the only woman!" Look her dead in the eye and say "But Mom .... Mrs. 'Zilla and Giggles are going and Nogoodnic might be wearing a cheerleader outfit!"
This is truly a family event that will be very affordable and a heck of alot of fun. We would really like to get as many people as possible for the cruise. It's the first one this year, with more to come!
So later tonight, just load the bikes up and sit in the car until the 10th of March ( Dad will hopefully give in before then). This will defintely prove that you really really really want to ride!
Don't forget to check out the shirts for the event!
Good luck and hope to see ya,
Chainsaw

Budz who? Never heard of you. :mrgreen:

Glad to see you cruised on over! I was gonna see if you wanted me to post on here, but never mind. :lol:

You need to post up some of your creations, so people know that Gotavan Dan's not the only crazy Michigan Boy!

Ricky, I think you said that your dad is into bikes so bring him along. We are a mostly harmless bunch, Chainsaw only bites occasionaly, lol. At the last ride Bud brought along his neighbor kid Mathew who if I remember right is 11. He deffinatly held his own, especially in the pixie races. Here is a pic of Mathew on Gottavan Dan's bike with Budzilla from the Freeze Your Dickens Off cruise. The more the merrier...Kelly
img0542gd7.jpg

Latest posts

Back