Diamond Frame Flying Merkel DONE!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Diamond Frame Flying Merkel 4/22 Almost there & a centerfold

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
C'mon, let's see the whole thing :shock: Am I the only one who thinks your rear wheel is crooked :?

Im workin on it, photobucket is giving me problems trying to get the pics hosted but I'll get them on here as soon as I can.

I realized that when I was looking at the pic again too, so much so that I checked the alignment out to be sure. It is centered and rolls true, but my rear fender is kind of crooked. When I bobbed it, I had to remove the rear support braces which helped keep it center. Consequently, it can shift side to side ever so slightly, and when looking at it from behind it's pretty obvious if its out of line. So the wheel is dead straight within the frame, but the fender is crooked in the pic :oops:

Awesome! BravoBravo!!

Love the design, paint and clean lines.

OK...can I make one too? :mrgreen:

pie said:
Awesome! BravoBravo!!

Love the design, paint and clean lines.

OK...can I make one too? :mrgreen:

Thanks Pie! Haha you're more than welcome to make one, go for it! I've by no means got any sort of rights to this style, and am not the first person to try this. In hindsight I almost wish I had waited for the buildoff, but my summer's probably going to be crazy and I don't know if I'd even have the time to do it. If I do have the time, Ive got a few more ideas for diamond frame boardtrack tributes... :wink: :D I'm excited to see so many diamond frames in the build off this year already!

Well done strings, feels good finishing them...finally done mine too!

IMG_3007.JPG

Final blog bits

http://justmybike.blogspot.com/

Dogbreath, what a beauty! I'm loving what you've done there, and the drum brakes are phenominal! I would have loved to have the budget to run that set up on the Merkel. The orange brake pads I have are working quite well however, no scuffing on the rims just some slight wear down to grey primer streaks so far.

stocksucks said:
Awsome.
you've got lots of tallent.
Any future projects?

Thank you sir! Future projects? Wellllllllllllllllllllllllll... I don't think they will be any time too soon, but I'd like to make a small 'fleet' of diamond-frame boardtracker replicas, especially based on a Excelsior, Indian, Cyclone, and Maybe a Yale or something similar. My inspirations (none of these/these pics are mine, by the way):
excelsior_board-track_lg.jpeg

318_8valve_right_1.jpg

mgpcyclonea.jpg

OH9Q5527.JPG

I'm also in the RRBO6 with my 'Hotrod Hobbyhorse', although the build has been stalled for the past month due to re-location and lack of workspace. Hoping to be 'rolling' on that again soon!

Latest posts

Back