DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( pics pics pics!!!!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DOUBLE NICKLE and DR.T's AUCTION RAT!( ITS DONE!!)

wow guys taht baby looks great ...i cant wait 2 see more pics ....when does the bidding start ? and how r we doing the bidding ?

The translation from cartoon to real life is amazing.

You guys really rode a fine line on that and I think you pretty much nailed it.

About the photograph...

Too bad the photoshoot didn't work out... I guess the idea takes a little more preparation. Whatever you're gonna do, also take some pics outside. In daylight. Try finding a background that doesn't take the attention away from the bike. For instance the white(refrigerator?)door on the right and the bikestand in the middle and the chair on the left shouldn't be in the picture... This project deserves good pics. That shouldn't be too hard...
Good luck with that!

About the bike...

Lonewolf said:
The translation from cartoon to real life is amazing.

You guys really rode a fine line on that and I think you pretty much nailed it.

That is one hundred percent true!

To be honest I, as 'the designer', was a bit worried. Drawing up a cartoon-bike is one thing. Building it for real is a whole different ballgame... But Double Nickle and Dr. Tankenstein nailed it. They really did! I had this bike on my mind for a long time but couldn't find the time and money for the right donorbike. On top of that, I could NEVER have pulled it off like these guys did. That rack, that bent fork... Those are the essential details that set this bike apart from other cool ratrodbikes. Also I'm SOOOO glad that the bike ended up with a wheelcombination that I'm happy with: A frontwheel that is NOT larger than the rearwheel. In fact, the rear wheel appears much larger than the front. PERFECT!

So...
I can't tell you enough how proud I am that this bike is a reality. Not only because of the cool end-product, but also and most of all because of the intension behind this build. Because of all the cool members that have donated parts, money, time, and energy in it, just for a good cause. For the site we all love: ratrodbikes.com. All ratrods/hotrods should have history and a story of it's own, and I think this bike has the coolest since a long time...

They should make a televisionshow about it.
:mrgreen:

Thanks guys.

i love it!! i want it!! reading all this has got me all inspired to get into the shed. think ill build my daughter a chopper. could we see a side by side picture of the cartoon and the real thing, for comparison? i bet we all will be surprized just how close they are!

Guys,
Thanks for all the kind words. Being involved with this project has been a pleasure. I've come to better appreciate the membership here and your generosity in parts, money, design input, all of it. That speaks to the core of the reason behind this build. If nothing else it's a tribute to Steve, the moderators and every single person on this forum.

Additionally, working with Double Nickle and his grandfather DonOne has been nothing short of fantastic. I have never met two better people in my life.

herr_rudolf thanks for the inspiration, advice and help along the way. Bringing a cartoon to life it kinda cool. The bike is a rock solid, rideable interpretation.

The photos we took for the auction itself will really showcase all the custom work on this bike.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Double Nickle said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
Wow!

Thats great...

And I am no longer worried about my sprocket :roll:
Well 1 out of the 2 we used but if you don't want it I will put it in the pay it forward section and give it away. I'm not going to keep it because I don't want any of these donated parts to go to me or DR.T
You Keep it boss, I dont mind!

Edit-I JUST UNDERSTOOD THAT RACK!

I looked at the sticker, and it sits below the tire...that is totally cool!
Spot on guys...Killer Job.

Niiiiice :shock:

Found this one on my phone. The rear tire looks twice as big as the rear in person.
i-phonepics002.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

OMG! If a phone pic does that to me, can´t even imagine what a good pic will.
Amazing bike fellas! I would really really love to have this bike, great job!!!

udallcustombikes said:
Man, Grab your Instamatic and snap some off! We are dying out here!

I don't think it exists anymore... He has gone silent and is holding it for himself now... Bike is so cool he doesnt want to let it dissapear... prolly rackin up the miles on it.... :D

Latest posts

Back