DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O.K., so I went back to this picture and it looks like a tandem to me now.o_O

I think I'll try it again tomorrow with the rear wheel where it's supposed to be.:39: The flipped fork should be enough stretch to give it that aggressive look I'm after.

Getting there in the idea stages. Amazing how the frame takes on a completely different look with a stretched wheelbase, even though it's only a mock up. Front wheel looks great, reminds me of the front wheels on old slingshot dragsters or fuel altered racers.

The front wheel is definitely staying.:)

Getting there in the idea stages. Amazing how the frame takes on a completely different look with a stretched wheelbase, even though it's only a mock up. Front wheel looks great, reminds me of the front wheels on old slingshot dragsters or fuel altered racers.

Bigred, that's music to my ears! 'Slingshot dragsters and fuel altered racers' is just what I'm after!:happy:

Your right about completely different, here's the comparison...
656-1388528399-00b4e470547627971549ac7ac797914f.jpg

100_6791_zpsa281ffb7.jpg

Once again, a busy day with very little bike time.:(

I made time for another quick mock up. This time I split the difference between stock and tandem. I used a different wheel so that I could see where the axle would end up and stuck some different bars on.

This is starting to feel more like where it needs to be.

100_6798_zpsecd07cb0.jpg

I've got an idea for how to actually mount it that I'm working on.:)

Here's the idea for making some traction bars for the rear end. This is subject to change some, but it totally goes with the dragster theme and resolves the rear drop out placement.

tractionbars_zps55c1d06b.jpg

Latest posts

Back