DRAG KING ___Raceliner Dragster___

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, one cable for each rotational direction.
case14j.jpg

The white plastic part is what it attaches to. It is a cam that pushes one of the three metal pieces out to shift gears,There are springs with a ball and detent behind each one. This is what I'd like to take apart but I doesn't want to cooperate and I don't want to force it for obvious reasons.

If anyone has done this before I'd really appreciate any advice. o_O

Dana-03.jpg

Search on Steve's post about his Dana last year. That sounds familiar.

The crust got cleaned out of the transmission and then stuck back together for now. Hopefully I can get some info on taking the plastic piece apart before I proceed.

I took the rendering for the traction bar set-up and scaled it up for a full size pattern, then cut the drop out pieces out of an aluminum composite material for a mock up. The front mounts are just duct tape and cardboard. The bar itself is just 'all thread'. All of this took a couple of hours just to be able to see it in the real world and none of it will actually be used. I like to know that it will work before committing to it. That being said, I probably wont make the real parts until I get the rear tire ordered.

I had just enough daylight left to set it up outside for some pix...
DragkingDRIVETRAIN_zps6b70be3f.jpg

Looking sweet!!

I'm sure at least some of you saw this coming, but she will be getting a fiberglass 'Spaceliner Convertible' tank.:D

The last mock up picture inspired me to do a digital rendering until I can do the real tank.

I can't wait to get to work on this!
TANKRENDERING_zps47781e75.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet! Knew that had to show up soon. Love the look on it.
Not sure what your color scheme is, but what about primer red instead gray for the accents.
Love this build!

I'm sure at least some of you saw this coming, but she will be getting a fiberglass 'Spaceliner Convertible' tank.:D

The last mock up picture inspired me to do a digital rendering until I can do the real tank.

I can't wait to get to work on this!

That looks sa-weet!!!!

The similarities of your build and mine ironic.

Thanks everyone!

Kingfish, the gray is just for contrast in the rendering. I've got some ideas on the color scheme that I'll get to later, t's still a little early for that. I will say that I'm thinking the rusty frame will stay.;)

I need to explain the process for making the tank for the Raceliner.

This will be the CliffsNotes version, but if you want to see the extended version then click HERE.:)

The first step after creating the virtual design, was to carve the tank halves.
100_6269_zps1ae81b18.jpg

100_6441_zps317cb3eb.jpg

100_6459_zpsb22d0978.jpg

Next step, make molds from the finished plugs.

100_6578_zps01a809b3.jpg

100_6598_zpsafa868d4.jpg

100_6619_zps34d7a85b.jpg

After some final details, the molds are ready to make parts.:D

Last edited:
It looks so simple now that you broke it down to 8 pics!!!!
Definitely one of the tip top artisans on RRB!!!!

Latest posts

Back