Dyno Bike History?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Road Master said:
GameBent said:
It's a Dyno tank-style cruiser with sick pinstriping.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designit/5346487951/

Nope, never seen one of those before - that's a hot paint job too. Is that the original color?

That Von Franco looks to be 99% all original, including the paint and pinstriping.
The only change I see is the laid-back seat post.
Wish it was mine...

GameBent said:
Road Master said:
GameBent said:
It's a Dyno tank-style cruiser with sick pinstriping.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/designit/5346487951/

Nope, never seen one of those before - that's a hot paint job too. Is that the original color?

That Von Franco looks to be 99% all original, including the paint and pinstriping.
The only change I see is the laid-back seat post.
Wish it was mine...

GameBent, you are correct! That's my bike and it is all original with the exception of the angled seat post. The swept back handlebars don't give enough room for me to ride unless the seat is pushed back a bit. The paint is candy tangerine over a white or silver base.

Okay, here's another bit of Dyno serial number information. I have two Dyno Roadsters bought in March of 1999 and both of their serial numbers start with WYS9L. I also have two Von Francos and both of them start with MT9080. Both Von Francos were bought years after they were new. The Von Franco debuted in 1999. If there is any date code it appears to be the first number which is "9" on all of my bikes. I would guess that this indicates they are all 1999 models.

I brought in a Dyno Coaster yesterday. The serial # is YC96110677. So... Does this mean it was manufactured in 1996?

The Dyno- Felt connection makes perfect sense, since I've been posting about my Dyno overhaul, I throw in here as well:
PICT0005.JPG

1998/9 Moto 7 with Felt forks, and some other goodies.

JWM

Just found a 96 Dyno Coaster. Got to take my first ride on it today and it was a wonderful thing. I am a newbie when it comes to cruisers but this site is overflowing with information and is making my build easy! Thank you all.
2012-06-11_18-45-27_264.jpg

Thank you Laidback! I indeed got the luck on this one. Now if it will just stop being 107 here in the desert maybe I can get some riding done. lol

Road Master said:

wow, i wish i had seen this (and a few other stumbled across pics since i started) before i started trying a stretch tandem. i would have known to separate the seats a little more.

there's a post on the slow and low forum from the hb guy with his version of the story. kinda claims some of his birthright to the stretch was stolen from him, more or less. i'm glad someone came up with the idea though. it's my favorite kind of bike now.

Slick Rick said:
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, the Dyno Roadster is no longer being made and has'nt now for at least a couple of years. If you really want one I'm pretty sure there may be some N.O.S. ones out there, and theres always Craigs List! I have seen many nice ones for $200.00 and less.
I have a dyno freestyle frame and fork in my garage(circa 1983).I would have to check to make sure what model it is.

i have a purple motoglide 4 speed that i thought was a first run it has a cheesy kickstand ,dyno on the badge both tires are 26 inch,a friend bought one a year later,purple,4 speed,24 inch tire on the rear,weled on kickstand,i dont think the 4 speed hub was offerd very long

i also picked up a mooneyes at a swap meet,it has snakebike rims,straight laced fron wheel,some kine of yellow pedals,dice valve caps,i on the computor read outt also has a 4 speed computor controlled rear hub,you can have english or european digitals,in the four speed mode you can have it change gears quicker or slower,you also have the option of having just a normal 1 speed,the owner of nakomis bike shop in mpls did all the modifications,he has pics of the bike when it was first built,the original owner wored for island cycle which used to be the parts suppyer for the bike shops in mpls and st,paul mn,thats how he got yhe "special"parts

just looked in my 1999 dyno showroom catalog,th roadster had just a d on the head badge,the rest had dyno,the glide delux came in a couple differant colors and a 24 in von franko was red in this catalog,had an earlier catalog but its gone

I found a guy that has 2 of these for sale. A black one and a blue one. He has had them both converted to 7 speeds. He is asking $300.00 each or best offer. He said they are the older Dyno ones. I haven't gone to see them yet. Wanted to know what they are worth. I don't really need 2 of them but if the price is right I would sell one. Thanks for any info. Joe

The other 2 Dyno Glides I had the serial numbers across the underside of the BB. The one I have now had the headbadge, and the "D" on the frame, but the serial number is on top of the BB, starts with MT80, and it doesn't have anywhere to mount a kickstand, and it never had one, no paint scraped where it might have been. I read the other posts but don't see how to tell the year, but it couldn't be a 1980. Anyone have an idea of what year this bike was made?

25zgn4h.jpg

i have a dyno roadster that is the same purple color as my 2 first year 4 speed motoglides,both have bolt on kickstands,i think 2nd year had welded on kickstand

Success! I searched more and found a twitter about a stolen purple 98 Dyno. The serial was also MT80 like mine, but different after that, thank God. So mine is a 98, the first number is the last digit in the year. That's my best guess.

Hey Guys
Can anyone tell me what model of Dyno i have ?
The chain guard has got white decals and a white D at the crank end, there is a D on the frame at the bottom of the seat tube as well but i cant find a serial number on the frame.
I bought it in the UK and was told it was shipped from California in 2001, apart from that i know nothing else. I don't know if it's a Coaster a Cruiser or a Roadster
Can anyone help ?
Garry

Latest posts

Back