Dyno Bike History?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look on top of the BB on the left side, the number may be there. On my roadster, it was hard to see, but it's there.

I have a red GT Dyno Deuce and I love it. I got it recentily from a guy on cragslist. It's all original to which is the best part. Most people change out the fenders wheels tires grips etc. but I prefer it all origonal as possible. It's also got the Dyno Fireball tires and they have thousands of miles left on them. I had to get a few things adjusted at my LBS for $40 but it rides allot better now. Mines an early 2000's but I feel lucky I found a GT Dyno from when they were sold at a LBS. I think anything originally GT Dyno was Taiwan made and soled in a LBS.

I'm now in the market for a stretch bike frame (preferably a Dyno Roadster if I could ever find one) I wish they still made the Dyno Fireball tires. They look great on a stretch bike or cruiser. I know all about the Kenda Flames and if I had to is settle with Kenda flames I'd go with them but they wouldn't be the same as Dyno Fireballs.

Last edited:
i also like the dynos,still have my first,its a moto glide,have several,also have a roadster,has new dyno flames on it,its candy purple ike my moto glide,im converting the rear wheel to a 3 speed otherwise its fac orig,im gonna sell this summer gut i think its gonna have to be a local sale as they are prolly to long to shiphave 2 red dueces,one still in the box,a mooneyes with a prototype computor that shifts the 4 speed[i think they did offer the computor in eruope,i think i have 2 or3 more but i havent been in the garage since fall,but dynos are one of the koolest bikes out ther,imho

i also like the dynos,still have my first,its a moto glide,have several,also have a roadster,has new dyno flames on it,its candy purple ike my moto glide,im converting the rear wheel to a 3 speed otherwise its fac orig,im gonna sell this summer gut i think its gonna have to be a local sale as they are prolly to long to shiphave 2 red dueces,one still in the box,a mooneyes with a prototype computor that shifts the 4 speed[i think they did offer the computor in eruope,i think i have 2 or3 more but i havent been in the garage since fall,but dynos are one of the koolest bikes out ther,imho

how much are you selling one of the red Deuces for that are still in the box?

sorry im keepin that,i bought the pair of them years ago and just wanted to have one stay in the box but thanks 4 askin

let me see if i can post a pic of the roadster
PIC_0001_zpsbbf269f1.jpg

sorry im keepin that,i bought the pair of them years ago and just wanted to have one stay in the box but thanks 4 askin
I hear ya. I say if you can keep it mint in box for as long as possible. I have a red one already that I think just needs minor touching up in the paint job and some rust removal in the front fork and handle bars is needed from years of sitting in a garage.

My Dyno Deuce is gold to me and I'm keeping it as long as I can. Only thing I'm adding on it is an M Wave adjustable universal rear rack which fits the bike without me having to drill any holes in the frame.

Last edited:
Here's a pick of my GT Dyno Deuce currently in my garage. Looks like I finally got the hang of this Photobucket thing. I'm in the process of finding a good touch up paint. I should have that by next week sometime.

Dyno%20GT_zpsosmblknl.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a pick of my GT Dyno Deuce currently in my garage. Looks like I finally got the hang of this Photobucket thing. I'm in the process of finding a good touch up paint. I should have that by next week sometime.

Dyno%20GT_zpsosmblknl.jpg
what year was your deuce made?

Last edited:
I be
what year was your deuce made?
I believe it's an early 2000's version. The late 90's versions weren't built by GT I think and my Deuce has the GT logo on the neck. Not sure of the exact year though because I got mine on craigslist. I tried to ask GT what year it was using the serial number but they told me they updated their system and the serial number I provided was to old to trace.

I'm replacing the bearings and getting new grease for the bottom bracket because one of the bearings was going bad and the grease in there was almost completely dried up after all these years. Usually your supposed to add new grease to a bottom bracket every one or two years. Obviously the guy I bought it from didn't.

Interesting design. Wish GT still made decent cruisers. I'm a cruiser guy mainly (especially the old Dyno cruisers) and it sucks the local bike shops hardly have any cruisers these days. They occasionally have two or three cruiser designs at the Giant and Trek dealers in my town but everything else seems to be over priced road bikes, racing bikes and mountain bikes. They seem to be sacrificing style for simplicity on new cruisers. That's why I love Dyno cruisers. They were very stylish while being good enough quality for local bike shops.

Interesting design. Wish GT still made decent cruisers. I'm a cruiser guy mainly (especially the old Dyno cruisers) and it sucks the local bike shops hardly have any cruisers these days. They occasionally have two or three cruiser designs at the Giant and Trek dealers in my town but everything else seems to be over priced road bikes, racing bikes and mountain bikes. They seem to be sacrificing style for simplicity on new cruisers. That's why I love Dyno cruisers. They were very stylish while being good enough quality for local bike shops.

Thought this was a cool Dyno. It's pretty rare. A limited edition. Only saw one on eBay for $900 starting bid. Its a Dyno Taboo Tiki. I posted a thread about it because my alerts inbox was refusing to redirect me to this thread. RRB has been incredibly slow & buggy for me lately. I might have to go from wireless to wired internet. Anyway what do y'all think? The front fender ordainment is a green tiki that glows when the head light is on.
Dyno%20Taboo%20Tiki_zpsntmiqec0.jpg

I have enjoyed reading about and seeing all of the fun Dyno's. I hope someone can help me learn more about my own Dyno Glide. Here is a link to a few photos. I could not figure out how to add photos directly to my post. Hopefully the link works!

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/Dynogirl/media/Dyno emblem_zpsbp6t2e86.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I bought "her" a little over a year ago from a bike dealer in my town. She was a trade in to them.

She has been a wonderful bike for leisurely rides around town. As you can see from the photos, she is in excellent shape. I would love to know how old she is. I see all kinds of references in this forum to a serial number, but I don't know where to look for one. I am thinking she is around a 1998 model, but I could be wrong.

I appreciate any input you can offer. :)

Last edited:
I wish I still had my red deuce. It was very cherry, all original with flame grips to match added. I sold it on CL last year sometime, I think I am going to try and find it again..

I'd trade my almost any of my bikes for another Dyno any day.

Latest posts

Back