EAA Airventure WW2 theme 30 Day Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I will be at the EAA Air show in Oshkosh Wisconsin for a week as a WW2 reenactor, A bicycle would close the distance between the camp and the museum and allow me to attend more events. This bike doesn't have to be a perfect re creation of a military bike, it just has to pass as period correct to the general public and be the right shade of olive drab. Since I will be trucking this bike from phoenix I have decided to build a Folding bike loosely inspired by a british paratrooper bicycle.

1. use only junk parts to keep the price low
2. Make it look period correct for 1944
3. make it fold
4. have it done by july 15th

EDIT: they banned bikes on the festival grounds which doomed this build.

I still have this old twin top tube hercules around and I don't feel bad about cutting it up, this thing is crushed and rusted out, the fork is un repairable, the cranks are cracked, the torrington bars are folded . my plan is to make it a rideable bike and then cut it in half and add hinges

Last edited:
From what I gathered researching, there's no specific shade of olive drab, just a general range, though the basic shade changed a little further from war to war. Ended up down that rabbit hole looking up shades of zinc chromate for aircraft.

Latest posts

Back