Easy Rider

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Easy Rider - New pics 10/26

Looks great! I really like the seat and sissy bar. The kickstand makes the bike sit really nice. I am partial to black, but the Easy Rider paint job would like killer on it!!

deorman said:
Do a white base, get some stick-on stars to shoot the blue over, and some plain old masking tape to shoot over w/the red.
Just make sure that plain old masking tape is "BLUE".

Painting the tank is not gonna happen

My other idea for painting was in the attic. Thats not going to happen either. I painted another fork that came out great but the ventilation is poor and it made the whole house stink. Anyone wanna paint a tank for me? I could pay cash or maybe parts?

Listen up, dude. You've still got a month. Just READ the can for recoat times, put just barely enough for it be wet and don't worry about it showing through. Do another coat. Separate taping of each color stage by at least 24 hrs. Again, consult your "bomb" for exact time. Do a clear coat the same way, give it extra time and then buff it thoroughly with some steel wool, then a final clear. Wait again, take buffing wheel to it. I'm found of Rustoleum, but not for this job. Duplicolor is way better for masking work. Besides, it's a rat-rod, remember? It sounds to me like you need a fan blowing out your attic vent. :) Also less paint flying :wink: , just do a little bit at a time, like 2 or 3 passes and quit. Who says you can't take three or four days to finish one color?

Believe me, I want to paint it, I just dont have anyplace to paint it. Another member on here has offerred to paint it for me but Im going to have to wait until after Christmas to have it done. Lots of christmas shopping to do yet. It has grown on me in the plain black but the red, white and blue will set it off. It will be worth the wait, I'll get some pics posted of it when its done. The bike is basically done now for what I can do to it, Im waiting for some better weather to take some nicer pictures.

Today I did some experimenting with it and like what I did. I like the WCC bikes and how the old school bike is coming out. I knew where one was locally and got it last week. I experimented with swapping front ends, and with a little shimming, it worked. My WCC bike has the OCC front end and visa versa. The WCC front end made my stingray sit higher and is by far a better more solid front end. I havent got he rest of it back together yet but will get some new pics when i do. And the OCC front end on the WCC bike looks great too. Using the spare 24 inch front wheel I had, gives it the bobber look too. The front end is shorter and raked out more so the stance of the bike really didnt change but the look sure did.

Can't wait to see it with the new forks!!
I was rereading about your storage problem and this is how I am storing ours
CIMG1010.jpg

Looking forward to some pics!! :D

Third front ends a charm

Here's the third and final front end on it. It's off a Jesse James West Coast Chopper. Its a lot more solid and holds the bars better. The stock front end had too much flex in the sheet metal holding the handlebars. It felt like I would break it if I pulled hard enough on the apes. No more of that. It also jacked up the front of the bike more and the centerstand no longer goes to the ground. I moved my side stand up to the same hole the centerstand was mounted to and it works perfectly there. I also decided to stagger the tailpipes like an old Harley. I still need to work on my pedals and get the headlight mounted somehow. AND, For the Creme De La Creme,...... I just sold an unused trainer and the money and a tank is being shipped to The Vanilla Gorilla today for paint. Let's put the pressure on him.

100_0001-2.jpg

100_0002-3.jpg

100_0003-3.jpg

Re: Easy Rider - New pics 11/02

Love those forks on it! Really makes the stance even better. One of the nicest OCC chopper mods I've seen!! :mrgreen:

Tonight, I mounted the headlight and cleaned up the pedals from my parts bike and mounted them. Just waiting on the tank to be painted now.

looks great. i'd rock that.

Boy, that tank is making the rounds. :lol:

Actually your tank is still on the bike right now, I bought a WCC last week and sent that tank to be painted. I love the difference the front end off it made. so much stronger. The OCC front end is also on the WCC bike but wont get as high handlebars. Not sure what exactly to do with it yet.

Latest posts

Back