RRBBO13 EC RIDER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjperry81

Gem City Strongman
Reaction score
Using the build off as an excuse to put my bike together that I originally wanted to do 6 years ago. Fell in love with all the cruisers people were riding when I was on a trip out to Huntington Beach from Ohio. Came right home bought a 50's Evans Colson off craigslist and started stripping in down. I was instantly over my head for my first attempt to try and build a bike, so it has been sitting in my garage in completely apart for 6 years.

Ive been on RRB this whole time, love everyone's builds but mechanically was in too deep to advance my bike. Got the bug again a few years ago and had a friend weld and bead roll some tank panels on it for me but that's as far as it ever got. Its going to happen this time though!

Evans Frame.jpg
Evans Frame.jpg
Evans Fenders.JPG
Evans Chain Guard.JPG

Decided to go for a little play on words. "EC" for Evans Colson. This is all original equipment to the bike minus the tank panels. Ive got some white walls already for it, looking to use some apes or mini apes, and potentially a banana seat to give it a little sting ray ish flair.

Thanks for checking out my very first build!

There's nothing like the feeling of one's first build. Except for maybe the second build, and the third, and the...

Welcome aboard, and... RaT oN!

Love that tank!
I am very interested in how this one turns out. I have the same frame, fenders and guard. Evans Interceptor, i believe

20248072_487690864905536_7995578173567133943_o.jpg

Love that tank!
I am very interested in how this one turns out. I have the same frame, fenders and guard. Evans Interceptor, i believe

View attachment 77255

That's amazing! That is definitely my bike! I found a pic of one years ago that was fully restored but didn't have a name listed for the mode so I've never been able to find any info on it.

I wanted a tanked bike back when I started so I had this welded on. At times I regret it but after so mock up yesterday I think its going to look killer.

Took a drive out to see my buddy KJV so he could help start to mock up my bike and get a feel for the look I wanted. Threw some apes on it and finally some laced wheels for the first time in 6 years. Here's what I came up with.

EC RIDER First Mock.JPG

Then threw on a banana seat, some mounted tires KJV is using for a future build just so I could get an idea, and then laid the original fenders on it for kicks. Here's what I came up with so far!

EC Full Mock.JPG

Any and all feedback is much appreciated guys!

A little hard to pick out the lines on frame, that wicker backed barrel chair keeps drawing my eye to it! :bigsmile:

I think your front fender might be mocked up backwards? Anyway, I have always liked the ape hanger bars / 'naner seat combo on ratty cruiser bikes. Very cool rat rod vibe! And, my 2 bikes set up this way are a couple of my best riders.

You've got a good thing going here, RaT oN~!

I like the vibe so far.
I agree that you need to find something simpler to lean the bike against for pics.

Took a drive out to see my buddy KJV so he could help start to mock up my bike and get a feel for the look I wanted. Threw some apes on it and finally some laced wheels for the first time in 6 years. Here's what I came up with.

View attachment 77326

Then threw on a banana seat, some mounted tires KJV is using for a future build just so I could get an idea, and then laid the original fenders on it for kicks. Here's what I came up with so far!

View attachment 77328

Any and all feedback is much appreciated guys!

Lookin good so far , like where it's goin . Very kool , I myself can look past the chair and see your vision ., don't take to heart the nay sayers or guys that just wanna show you their bikes ...:crazy:

Latest posts

Back