Eddie´s Board Rat Racer (Done!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Eddie´s Board Rat Racer

Well busy week, kept me out off the garage and close to the computer, so a made a tiny little design change:

:mrgreen:

Here come more pics, I´m not going as fast as I want, but I do what I can.
Spent most of Saturday shaping this piece of wood, aka "The Tank":

This thing is totally made by hand, only machine I used was the drill to make the fitting hole, smooth as a baby's behind heehee...

Checking the fit,

As you can see, bondo is aplayed, hopefully I´ll get to sand it and primer it today

i really admire your stick-to-it-iveness and ingenuity Eddie. great work so far. this will be one of my favorites in the build off I'm sure.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
i really admire your stick-to-it-iveness and ingenuity Eddie
Thanks ? not sure what you mean but cool :D
Eddie is my dad, this bike is for him :wink:
There are a couple more surprises on this build thou, stay tuned...

sorry, didn't realize Eddie was your dad. man he's going to like that bike. looking forward to seeing more.

I´m the one that´s sorry, I didn't take the time to read your comment properly.

Is been quite a heavy day today, I was planing on doing some sanding and get primer on the bike, but got back from work with a huge neck pain. Just the day I have a free afternoon...

Dad is not convinced about the tank, I know is gonna look good and that he´s gonna like it, made it removable just in case he doesn't... :roll:

Well, first coat of paint is on and drying, with some good winds I´ll be able to finish in time, we´ll see.

Rims waiting for some colour, for those who wonder, NO! , is not a clowns wheel, straws will keep the paint off the rays...

Need you guys to keep those fingers crossed, I´m afraid rain will make things difficult for me. :(

Looking great there buddy! :D Beautiful design! I love how you come up with ways to do things with what you have, like that jack for bending tubes and the insecticide spraygun for shooting paint. It'll be a cool bike!

Thanks my friend!!
Necessity is mother of all inventions!

Yesterday rain stopped and sun got out, so after work, changed clothes and spent eight hours working on the paint job. Masking took quite a while, and then painting is kind of complex with my non conventional method so had quite an exhausting afternoon.
Then comes Dad, and his face is telling me he dosen´t like it, so I ask him and found out he dosen´t like the colour combo. Fixed that, got the rims painted and went to bed.

Good news is I probably be able to finish in time!
Oh and the tank... lets say I got surprised by the way is turning out.
Got plenty of pics, but won´t post´em till she´s finished,
Stay tuned 4 more! :wink:

Got those at a local vintage car parts shop.
Although the guy who I bought it from has a few, they´re really rare around here.

Sorry, I didnt realize where the voting was at until it was too late. Not that it would have made a big difference but this bike would have gotten my vote. Excellent job buddy.

Well it´s kind of a secret...
Haha, no is not, it´s Contact Paper!
Very carefully and neatly applied Contact Paper...

Thought about doing it by hand, which would have taken an enormous amount of time and wouldn´t have ended up this good; then I found this design at a local store and didn´t think about it twice... :wink:

Latest posts

Back