Electra Bicycle Pics

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a few changes to my Townie since I got it January 1 this year...
d4f120424e103e23ecee1bc9b58f9c6d.jpg
f6ddfcd2ac22f7d71f6e9a92a0f99518.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

88848_f20f9fd3f53717f9a0e34ec33a405975.jpg
FINALLY got the Betty all done, my daughter and I will take this and the Rat Fink out for a spin to dinner tomorrow night.

Very subtle and looks stock because everything has been modded with Electra parts. I think these two make a very good matched set now.
IMG_5856.JPG

So I've needed some bike carrying ability for a WHILE now....the cost of a receiver, installation, and which rack to buy all seemed like too much. The other day by chance an acquaintance who drives a Crown Vic (same car I drive) said he had one he took off his car and he'd take $20 for it. I cleaned it up and painted it and it's going on this Saturday, pretty stoked about it. By the End of this month I'll be able to carry two bikes without taking them apart!

I found this on page 48. looks awesome! but there is no rubbing issues?

Straight 8, 100mm rims, 4 1/4 tire, 3-speed Sturmey Archer Cruiser Hub SX-RB3, front disk brake, gold chain, custom handmade grips (KPV maсhinegun sleeves), stem with 85mm mortar mine tail, gear shift with AKSU barrel brake-compensator.

I found this on page 48. looks awesome! but there is no rubbing issues?

Straight 8, 100mm rims, 4 1/4 tire, 3-speed Sturmey Archer Cruiser Hub SX-RB3, front disk brake, gold chain, custom handmade grips (KPV maсhinegun sleeves), stem with 85mm mortar mine tail, gear shift with AKSU barrel brake-compensator.

Those frame and fork are widened, so i guess no rubbing here. Otherwise it just won't fit at all.

Can anyone tell me if it would be a bad idea to paint the 2007 Rat Fink bike I have? Its a 20"

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Those bikes are not so rare here in Europe, don't know how about US.
It is suppose to be for my daughter. Was going to put an orange banana seat, white walls, and different handle bars. Maybe even a basket up front, but with the flames and such she keeps saying it's a boys bike. Just wonding if I should sell it and get something else for her. I have a cool idea for a paint job on it if I won't be destroying something valuable

It is suppose to be for my daughter. Was going to put an orange banana seat, white walls, and different handle bars. Maybe even a basket up front, but with the flames and such she keeps saying it's a boys bike. Just wonding if I should sell it and get something else for her. I have a cool idea for a paint job on it if I won't be destroying something valuable

She is 6 and a half

Those bikes are really really heavy, if you consider selling it, you might get something made of aluminium for your daughter.

Those bikes are really really heavy, if you consider selling it, you might get something made of aluminium for your daughter.
The bike is still too big for her right now, same as the Straight 8 I'm doing for her brother (twins) so it will be next year anyway

She is 6 and a half

Glad to see people posting on this thread again!

My daughter was riding a Super 72 at around 6, she definitely started before I did! Now that they are no longer made I wouldn't mess with a CLEAN Fink as they do seem to be going up in value or at least retaining their value....the adult models anyway. I once stripped a NEW Fink but that's when it seemed like everyone and their brother had one, and I just finished putting one back together because the paint and chrome was so clean. I wouldn't think twice about stripping a rough one though.

My two cents, look for a girls' Super 72, girl bikes are usually pretty clean and my daughter rode hers from age 6 to age 12 When I bought it, it was very lightly used and I think I paid $170. She could touch the ground with both feet which she wasn't able to do on a cheap big-box kid's bike. When she graduated to a womens' Red Betty last year I gave the 72 to a cousin's daughter and it sill has tons of life in it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back