ELGIN DECOLUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good ones! Meat hook is funny and painful all at the same time and I had to look up Prince Albert...ouch!:13:

Just to ease everyones imaginations, the foam padding will take care of any unintentional impaling.:whew:
I glued some dense foam to the pan and then wrapped it tight with an ace bandage (ironically) while the glue cured. A thrift store leather coat had to be sacrificed for some leather. Almost there!
Saddle trim 4.jpg

The leather is on and I reassembled it for a look at the complete package! I'm not sure yet what will be done with the frame. When I get into the painting phase I'll decide then.
Saddle trim 5.jpg

Wow TRM this handle idea is genious, the pan extention, the leather with the stiches in the middle ,and how it all came togetter to make somthing that almost look like it could of been a high end luxurry item of the past is just perfect ! iam honestly really impressed man:43::13::praise:

can't wait to see that mounted with all the other trims you did

Last edited:
Just catching up on this.
That door handle is an excellent repurposing of old unused parts, the seat looks great. Looking forward to seeing it on the bike.

Thanks ya'll!

Best thing I've seen in the build off yet. That seat is totally and completely on another lever.
LOL, I didn't catch that at first. Very clever with the lever!:21:

Been working on some things, but nothing to report yet. I thought this would be a good time to show the bars, stem and grips.
Decoluxe bars n grips.jpg

I really like how the Elgin grips look! (Foxgrips.com)
Thanks again to @KEMPRACING for the stem!

Last edited:
Wow, that seat is incredible!
What a great engineered piece of functional art!:113:

Do I sense 'finishing touches' coming to the E-D-luxe? :nerd: I mean, before you take it all apart and dazzle us with your paint-tina?:bigsmile:
Let's just say that I'm in the short rows, but I still have enough left that I'm already feeling the time pressure starting into the third month!
Wow, that seat is incredible!
What a great engineered piece of functional art!:113:
Thanks! The door handle worked out better than my first idea.
Have you revealed the color scheme yet?
I was waiting until starting the paint, but since you asked, I'll be using a couple of VW colors.:happy:

Sealing Wax Red and Chestnut Brown.
1955 Samba.jpg

Latest posts

Back