ELGIN DECOLUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that's more like belt buckle size than cuff links. But Shakesbeer is a thespian, and they like to make everything 'bigger than life'!:bigsmile:
TRM, you must be watching paint dry this morning....lots of comments on builds....:21:

Thanks! I'm pretty sure they would be a little big for cuff links. But hey, who am I to judge.:21:

They are mounted in this picture just below the rear axle.

index.php
Definitely to big for cuff links, but with the Elgin logo you did they're cooler than dangit.
Maybe OJ is right, you could start a side business making bike logo belt buckles.

Got the bushing made for the drop stand (again). Next and lastly is wiring the lights which is this afternoons project. Not looking forward to soldering small wires.
I can't wait to see the chain guard paint...
Took a short break before starting the wiring so here's the chain guard picture for you.
Decoluxe paint chainguard.jpg

Gotta like that. ^^^
But I expected more piping...
Wow you're also staying skiptooth!
Woohoo!

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

You have a gift for building the coolest custom bikes. They look almost factory made and the elgin logo on the covers are super trick. Well played.
Thank you! I'm glad you think it has a factory made look, that is exactly what my objective has been from the start. :) I want this to look like a factory built bike that could've been but never was. There's a lot going on with it, but I've tried to make it look as stock as possible.

The wiring and lights are done, for now. Things didn't go completely as planned. It seems that the tail lights require a resister to prevent the LED from over loading. One of them broke off and there was not enough left to solder it back together ( I tried). I thought that it would be OK without it and wired it straight through. It worked temporarily and then quit working at all.:mad: So in place of having only one tail light, I disconnected them both until I can get a new one. Of course that will take a week or more to order and ship here so working tail lights won't make the deadline.:(
101_1476.jpg

On the bright side, the headlights are working fine! (That pun is for OJ)

101_1477.jpg

The bike is finally all together and a rider for the first time!!! There are a few bugs to work out, but it rides very smooth!

Loving each little glimpse of this one.

'On the bright side'.... good one RM! :bigsmile:
Boy, that glimpse of the headlights and front end of the tank leaves me wanting more. Fortunately, we won't have to wait long.....cuz it's JULY 29 y'all!

Well the first shake down ride revealed a few things that need to be addressed. The stem will not tighten enough to keep the bars from slipping, the chain is lightly rubbing the fender behind the chain guard and the coaster brake sounds like squealing drums on a dump truck! I'll have to correct these problems before I make a ride video. But hey, I've still got three days left!

I took the Decoluxe out to an abandoned warehouse today for a photo shoot. More to come.;)
Decoluxe warehouse 1.jpg

Yah! The web's are a cool idea.
I only took a couple of the spider web shots. I may try it again with dust and webs all over the bike and try to make it look untouched for years. If I do it, it will be Monday before I can get back in the warehouse.
Here's another one, the web's not as good but I like the lighting.
101_1487.jpg

Latest posts

Back