ELGIN DECOLUXE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone! @G-Matt this is my favorite convertible yet, glad you think so too!

I've been going through my finished pix and I'm not very happy with how my camera performed. If you look at the pictures in the last few posts, you'll se what I mean. I might try a do over on Monday. I'll try to get my finished thread up tomorrow sometime with some of the better shots that I have.
Yes I know the feeling my camera was not so great if the light wasn't just perfect they came out very dark. Had to pick the best ones I could . I had some nice sunset pics but the bike was basically blacked out . Good luck tomorrow getting the right shots .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my final garage door shot.
101_1478.jpg

That's my favorite build from you by far.

If you get a chance put ape hangers on it and tease me with a picture. Unfortunately my height doesn't work with those bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you to everyone who have commented and followed along with my little project! This has been fun and a lot of work all at the same time. I couldn't be much happier with the end result and I'm looking forward to putting some miles on the Decoluxe!
Jim

Here's the finished thread.
Decoluxe logo wall.jpg

I gotta admit..I wasn't feeling this build at first..to me, it looked a little bottom heavy and the tank looked out of place...BUT..in true TRM form, you pulled it all together and made, IMO; the coolest TRM tank bike yet..this one is over the top Jim...can't wait to see it in March..:rockout:
Thanks Andrew, that means a lot coming from one of the best! :cool2:

You shouldn't have to wait that long to see it, I'm sure I'll bring it out to @American Vintage Bicycle Supply 's swap in the Fall. Maybe I can work it out this year to bring it to your show too.:happy:

I started a tradition after my first build off of taking my bike out the week after it's finished to a local event in Gadsden, AL called First Friday.
It's always fun getting reactions to the bike for the first time in public. Last night was no exception! I grew tired of explaining that it wasn't an original bike and just started answering "it's a 1941 Elgin" when people would stop me to ask about it.:bigsmile:
Unique cars n bikes.jpg

Last edited:
I started a tradition after my first build off of taking my bike out the week after it's finished to a local event in Gadsden, AL called First Friday.
It's always fun getting reactions to the bike for the first time in public. Last night was no exception! I grew tired of explaining that it wasn't an original bike and just started answering "it's a 1941 Elgin" when people would stop me to ask about it.:bigsmile:
View attachment 31276
Oh my this is perfection. I know its subjective but either a different color on the fenders or whitewalls would add contrast to the fender so they would be better defined. Either way its a beautiful design

It IS a 1941 Elgin, a heavily customized 1941 Elgin.
This bike is winning because it is the best one in the field, any field for that matter.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Thank you everyone for riding along with me on this build. It's been fun and I appreciate everyone's comments through out! I especially appreciate everyone who voted the Decoluxe into first place in this years build off! And last but not least, thank you to @Rat Rod for giving us a gracious and courteous forum for this little hobby of ours!

Remember, no matter what our achievements are, all glory be to God! ...Ephesians 3:20
Foggy road.jpg

Latest posts

Back