Elgin Motorbike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hercules020.jpg

This arrived last Wednesday after making the trek down I-35 from backpedaler's place in my folk's CRV. Many, many thanks to him for hooking me up with a bike I have wanted to build for a long time.

As it were:
DSC01573.jpg

Now:
Traveler014.jpg

Still messing with the geometry of the front fork, seeking out some parts. Deciding whether to go skiptooth, original, etc. I think I'll build it kind of mild for now and try to find some more parts in the coming year or two. ($$!!) :shock:

For now it has a Schwinn blade fork... :roll: up there, I need to find something better. Planning on ordering some red brick pattern tires immediately and cross-brace handlebars, then it gets put together. Planning on riding it this spring, so pretty much all other projects bikewise are now on hold.

I love that look!, straight bar, with a bent fork. Makes it look "long" and low. Nice bike!

I got a couple coats of primer on now. For now it will stay this color, I have everything to finish it but cross-brace bars and a hairpin seat, coming soon.

Elgin002.jpg

Elgin001.jpg

Elgin003.jpg

so do you have a welder and some 3/8" box end wrenches to go with those schwinn forks(d'oh! almost forgot the cheap electra truss rods!)? dont know if youve seen the bike im doing in the kids build but im betting youre going for the stock truss fork look

Seatpost came on there, it's the original I believe. Green paint is the primer, it'll be that way for a while but I'm going to do an original-esque maroon and cream on it at some point.

Hercules021.jpg

wow :mrgreen:
that looks great so far! yeah seat post looks original to me too.what are the tires youve got on there? its a different tread pattern that ive not seen on the all whites before

Latest posts

Back